ESSAY: How to write an essay for 3 separate questions !? (1 Viewer)

Okbang

HSC
Title says it all, exams are coming up and the school's English faculty thought it would be a good idea to troll us.

There are 3 possible questions, but only one of them is the real one. They're all pretty similar, but how do you write ONE essay that can be used for all 3 (instead of 3 different essays)? If anyone has past essays they used for stuff like this it would be a great help.

1. ‘In all Shakespearean texts there is a play of power.’ How is this presented in The Taming of the Shrew?
2. ‘In all Shakespearean text there is a play of loyalty and disloyalty.’ How is this represented in The Taming of the Shrew?
3. ‘All drama is about conflict.’ How is this evident in The Taming of the Shrew?

D:

Balls2u

HSC
Write a general essay which somehow vaguely answers all three of the questions. Then on the exam when we get the question kinda change it around. Good luck, I just started today...

plasticities

HSC
This is really late, so I don't know if it will actually be any help. But yeah essentially write one essay that covers all three of the questions. It seems really daunting to begin with, but what you're teachers are doing is pretty accurate to how the HSC is run, since you have no idea what question they can ask, (especially for Shakespearian texts) and you need to be prepared for all of them.

After a quick think, you can definitely use the them of appearance vs reality to apply to all three questions. If you look closely enough, they are all asking essentially the same thing. (This is really rough since I haven't read this text in about 5 years but) you can say how this theme is employed so that characters can hide their true intentions to 1. exert an advantage or power over another character. 2. They appear to be loyal but may secretly not be. 3. The unveiled reality of a characters true identity (as opposed to their previous appearance) can give rise to conflict between characters.

Pretty much apply the same train of thought to all your themes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)