Essay help...willing to swap (1 Viewer)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Meaning in artworks and understanding artists intentions will always be dependent on the culture the artist comes from

Then discuss yadda yadda.....

SO....this is an annoying one, did someone ever do something similar? I got other essays and willing to share, so just pm me.

P.S happy new year

shrutz

you could talk bout frida kahlo!....she was mexican, and the mexical culture kind of idolises death. you could talk bout all that and relate back to her pics and unhappy life!
plus she was a rebel in high school, so you could relate that to her art which showz a kind or rebellion.....
also being brought up to have kids, she draws children because of her desires to have them...

get wat i mean??

i got sum info on her...somewhere...if u want it, email me at shootez8@hotmail.com

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I refuse to write about Frida , she is the devils work and I discourage fellow Bored members to write about her as well!

EVERYONE writes about her, and examiners are sick to the bone about it....so yeh, write about someone intresting and diffrent ;)

Besides...she had more facial hair than King Kong

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juventino
Meaning in artworks and understanding artists intentions will always be dependent on the culture the artist comes from

Then discuss yadda yadda.....
I'd be concentrating on culture-specific cases, and throwing in a little bit of talk about culture-specific signs/symbols/icons. Since you don't like the idea of writing about Frida, you could talk about Warhol (I hate him, but he's useful). Pop art was a pretty specific phenomenon, and made uses of icons that were especially specific - Campbells soup cans, Elvis Presly, Monroe, blah blah blah, depending on which culture you were coming from.

You could also delve back into history - when painting styles and schools were much more formal, and rigid, and talk about how European artists tried to cope with depicting the Australian landscape which was so obviously unfamiliar. Of course, then their intention was to send paintings back home to show what the Australian landscape looked like - but they weren't used to the types of trees we had, the bush, the climate, any of it. In this case it's an example of the artwork definitely being dependent upon the artists culture limiting/guiding his perception.

Aboriginal art would be another interesting one to through in there. You could also pick out an artist like Christian Boltanski, whose work focuses on how to deal artistically with representations of the holocaust. Religious art is also a fun one to drag in - try comparing old woodcuts/stained glass windows from England, with Coptic Orthodox imagery, islamic paintings and representations etc.

Blah blah blah. I'm lazy. You make up the rest. ;) Hope it gave you some ideas though, even if it is too late.

Last edited:

x.

what about the futurists? they were reacting to the stagnant culture of the time and that can be linked to the movement in their works and their radical philosophy.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Whatever you choose to write about make sure you mention the cultural frame!!!!

otherwise they will MURDER you!!

Frida Kahlo would be a great example but if you dont want to be so generic,... then deffinately have a look at some Aboriginal art.. cave paintings and that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)