Essay Help Pls (1 Viewer)

Sarah Jane

Hey. When writing the response for question 3, or any type of essay response (for example) , is it ok to leave lines between every paragraph to make it easier for the marker to read? or does the marker just think you are wasting space?

Is five pages enough for the last question in the Area of Study exam? What is the average, or recommended length for this response?

Does anyone know when the Richard Attenborough Film "Shadowlands" was produced?

I hope youz can help me, it would be much appreciated! Thanx heapz.. xox

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
1) personally i believe setting out is important, markers are going to look better on yuor work if it is set out well and not scrunched up, so if you feel better leaving a line, then go for it. the markers are all experienced teachers, they will know how much you write even if you leave 10 lines between each paragraph (dont do this, just an exagerratted example)
2) do you mean 5 pages of normal paper, or the hsc booklet paper? its prob a good length for normal paper, but not if it is on the booklet paper, you should fill a booklet which is *i think* 8 pages..but if you havnt seen them, their a lot smaller than the normal paper, and the lines are HUGE.
3) no, ive never even heard of that film

Sarah Jane

another question is... how many related texts do you suggest to include in the response? i have my prescribed text, one text from the stimulus booklet, and then i use 2 related text.
is 2 related text enough for the response or would 3 be better?

I have allocated my time so that i use 15 minutes for the prescribed text, 10 minutes for the stimulus booklet, and 7 minutes each for each of the related text. (approximately). i think it is impossible to write about another related text on my own but what do you guyz think??

Hipsta_jess: i did mean 5 peices of normal paper but i have seen the hsc booklet paper! the pages are easier to fill up! btw. thanks for your help!

please reply! i need your opinions!! thanku!

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
for the extra material, it depends, but it is best to write the minimum they ask for, so you have enough time to do it in..
like, if they say write about your core text, 1 peice from the stimulus booklet and extra textS of your own choosing, the you HAVE to do more than one..but two is fine.

but lots of people like to know a few texts well so they can chose whichever answers the question best.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah Jane
I have allocated my time so that i use 15 minutes for the prescribed text, 10 minutes for the stimulus booklet, and 7 minutes each for each of the related text.
I've actually been told that is a really bad idea. Our teacher told us that each text is worth the same, so you should probably be dividing up your time evenly. I don't know if it's right, but you should probably check it out.

Winston

HSC
you have to try to suck to the marker, make things better for the marker, for example try ur best not to write hell messy, write darker, don't write very small
get the drill?, you gotta understand the markers are all stuck in a centre after school tierd, exhauasted from the evil yr 11's and yes the last thing they want is squinting and trying to make out your words.

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah Jane
how many related texts do you suggest to include in the response? i have my prescribed text, one text from the stimulus booklet, and then i use 2 related text.
is 2 related text enough for the response or would 3 be better?
Apparently 3 supplementary texts are better but really it's how well you respond to the question/statement/etc that's most important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)