Essay & Creative Writing task help (1 Viewer)

gracie007

HSC
I enjoy POMO, but I often have trouble writing an A range essay.

Over the next few weeks I am required to write 4 1000 word pieces relating to POMO.

I was wondering if any experienced current/past students would be able to act as a sort of mentor/guide to me over the next few weeks. All I need is personal help in dealing with essay structure and paragraphs...things to further include/leave out...just general feedback. I wouldnt be relying on u heavily. only like 4-7 times or so about each of my pieces, when I write them.

I dont expect u to write any part of my task at all, I just want a bit of help on getting on track.

I'd be just sending you my pieces and asking u to comment on them, etc.

Soo grateful if anyone wants to help out!! Thanks .

BronwynKate

HSC
The wonderful thing about POMO is that you don't have to rely on the traditional essay structure of introduction, supporting points and conclusion. In fact that sort of thing is discouraged in favour of hyperlinking or its text equilvalent.

The more all-over-the-shop your writing can be (non-linear) the more postmodernist it can be.

Look at Henry Franklin's BULLSHIT for a great example of POMO writing and the principles/ideas behind it.

Also read Italo Calvino's IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT A TRAVELLER and Barthes' MYTHOLOGIES about signifiers and the signified.

And the paragraph may well be dead too.

Main themes and subsidary themes may well clash with each other ... and so might plots and subplots.

Have fun writing about postmodernism and experiencing it!

gracie007

HSC
So you're saying for a "Critical Response" I'm not meant to write in essay style?

I dunno if that's right...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
BronwynKate said:
The wonderful thing about POMO is that you don't have to rely on the traditional essay structure of introduction, supporting points and conclusion. In fact that sort of thing is discouraged in favour of hyperlinking or its text equilvalent.

The more all-over-the-shop your writing can be (non-linear) the more postmodernist it can be.

Look at Henry Franklin's BULLSHIT for a great example of POMO writing and the principles/ideas behind it.

Also read Italo Calvino's IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT A TRAVELLER and Barthes' MYTHOLOGIES about signifiers and the signified.

And the paragraph may well be dead too.

Main themes and subsidary themes may well clash with each other ... and so might plots and subplots.

Have fun writing about postmodernism and experiencing it!
umm maybe for the creative writing bit
but i WOULD NOT recommend this for the essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)