es-tu serieux?! (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Écoutez-vous au lien suivant. C'est une sonore pris par le boardofstudies comme une exemple parfait d'une 5eme étape évaluation pour parler le français. C'est incroyable, cette fille a eu un 'A' pour ça, meme avec quelque fautes de la prononciation des mots, par exemple, elle a prononcé le magasin comme 'mag-ah-zeen' lorsqu'il est vraiment prononcé comme 'mag-gah-sahn', pas 'mag-gah-zeen', comme la prononciation anglais et ainsi quelque fautes de la sexe des mots quand elle disait 'cette', la façon féminine pour le masculine mot de 'magasin'.

http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/sc/french/stu-work/a/speaking-clothing-shop-conversation-ashley/

Je sais mon français est plus pire que son français (mon français est tres, tres lamentable si vous n'avez pas réconnaitré déja) mais elle enseignait français correctement avec un professeur a l'école, contraire a moi. Elle n'a pas des excuses. Elle ne doit pas faire les fautes comme ça pour un 'A'! Ce n'est pas juste! Et je devrai faire le cours français débutant l'année prochaine (dans l'avis de mon professeur qui continue de ne me croire pas que je parle français) quand elle peut faire le cours avancé!

Ma question est- comment les professeurs marquent les evaluations?

Merci.

P.S Désolé si vous ne comprenez pas ma poste. Je ne peux pas le comprendre aussi. Désolé aussi pour l'absence des accents grave et circonflexe. Je sais, j'ai besoin d'améliorier le français tout de suite. Encore, pardon.

Last edited:

petite chimiste

HSC
Haha this made me laugh, and also made me hopeful. (This thread, not the speaking, I didn't click on the link haha)

Yeah I'm going to be seriously relying on this generous marking scheme if i want to pass french at all :D

Kittikhun said:
mais elle enseignait français correctement avec un professeur a l'école, contraire a moi. Elle n'a pas des excuses.
Oh and here, this is seriously deluded thinking haha. You can definately have excuses for bad french despite having a teacher... Who says they're good at french at all, or have a good accent for their students to mimick?

And to your question, I do have a marking sheet somewhere... I think they mark it on fluency, use of 'real' french like expressions and colloquialisms, bascially impression marked I think.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
Kittikhun... why is your French so good? Have you learnt it for 4 years like me? Your French is excellent and i'm wondering why mine isn't at the same standards as yours... do you come from a French background?

Kittikhun

HSC
Oh and here, this is seriously deluded thinking haha. You can definately have excuses for bad french despite having a teacher... Who says they're good at french at all, or have a good accent for their students to mimick?

Really? That's a bit odd. I've always thought that students who chose to do French in years 9 and 10 were practically already fluent in the language. This year, I had a look at some old year 8 French find a words and crosswords at my school when my school had a French teacher and I found them quite difficult. That's the reason why I thought students who choose to do French in year 9 and 10 must be at least near fluent in French because of their devotion to choose the elective in competition with other electives they could have chosen.

Kittikhun... why is your French so good? Have you learnt it for 4 years like me? Your French is excellent and i'm wondering why mine isn't at the same standards as yours... do you come from a French background?

Firstly, are you being sarcastic? If not, I'm flattered. This is the first time someone has complimented my French. I'm, in fact, self taught and only started dedicating myself to French about a year ago. I have never taken a French class.

Excellent French?! I don't understand how you could say that since I've now spotted some errors in my post- look at the positioning of deja, bad grammar since it's supposed to be after the absolute negative of pas and look at reconnaitre which is supposed to be reconnu not reconnaitre with an accent aigu at the end of e.

No, I don't come from a French background and have not interacted in having a conservation in total French with a person except for one time on the telephone with my aunt who lives in Switzerland and speaks fluent French. For my solitary learning in French, I mainly just go on French forums, if I have the time and go to wordreference if I'm having any trouble with my French; that's how I've taught myself. I also watch as much movies in French with French subtitles as I can together with reading texts from books such as Le petit prince and newspapers such as Le monde, where I put in my trust and confidence towards my French and English bilingual dictionary.

Last edited:

roadrage75

HSC
Kittikhun said:
Écoutez-vous au lien suivant. C'est une sonore pris par le boardofstudies comme une exemple parfait d'une 5eme étape évaluation pour parler le français. C'est incroyable, cette fille a eu un 'A' pour ça, meme avec quelque fautes de la prononciation des mots, par exemple, elle a prononcé le magasin comme 'mag-ah-zeen' lorsqu'il est vraiment prononcé comme 'mag-gah-sahn', pas 'mag-gah-zeen', comme la prononciation anglais et ainsi quelque fautes de la sexe des mots quand elle disait 'cette', la façon féminine pour le masculine mot de 'magasin'.

ARC :: Speaking - Clothing Shop Conversation - Ashley - Ist Speaker

Je sais mon français est plus pire que son français (mon français est tres, tres lamentable si vous n'avez pas réconnaitré déja) mais elle enseignait français correctement avec un professeur a l'école, contraire a moi. Elle n'a pas des excuses. Elle ne doit pas faire les fautes comme ça pour un 'A'! Ce n'est pas juste! Et je devrai faire le cours français débutant l'année prochaine (dans l'avis de mon professeur qui continue de ne me croire pas que je parle français) quand elle peut faire le cours avancé!

Ma question est- comment les professeurs marquent les evaluations?

Merci.

P.S Désolé si vous ne comprenez pas ma poste. Je ne peux pas le comprendre aussi. Désolé aussi pour l'absence des accents grave et circonflexe. Je sais, j'ai besoin d'améliorier le français tout de suite. Encore, pardon.

i'd just thought i'd point point out that the girl who got the A was the SHOPKEEPER, and not the girl who was trying on clothes <-- i think you were thinking it was her who got the A?

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Kittikhun said:
Firstly, are you being sarcastic? If not, I'm flattered. This is the first time someone has complimented my French. I'm, in fact, self taught and only started dedicating myself to French about a year ago. I have never taken a French class.

Excellent French?! I don't understand how you could say that since I've now spotted some errors in my post- look at the positioning of deja, bad grammar since it's supposed to be after the absolute negative of pas and look at reconnaitre which is supposed to be reconnu not reconnaitre with an accent aigu at the end of e.

No, I don't come from a French background and have not interacted in having a conservation in total French with a person except for one time on the telephone with my aunt who lives in Switzerland and speaks fluent French. For my solitary learning in French, I mainly just go on French forums, if I have the time and go to wordreference if I'm having any trouble with my French; that's how I've taught myself. I also watch as much movies in French with French subtitles as I can together with reading texts from books such as Le petit prince and newspapers such as Le monde, where I put in my trust and confidence towards my French and English bilingual dictionary.
i'm teaching myself french as well! of course im nowhere near your standard though, thats amazing. i kick myself when i see the french beginners exam, coz i know i couldve probli aced it if i'd taken it. oh well.

just wondering, where do you get your french novels/movies from?

Kittikhun

HSC
i'd just thought i'd point point out that the girl who got the A was the SHOPKEEPER, and not the girl who was trying on clothes <-- i think you were thinking it was her who got the A?

Ah, OK that makes sense now. I thought the shopkeeper was a teacher speaking to her student patron. Her accent was so perfect!

I got Le Petit Prince from school. It's a good book and I highly recommend it if you've haven't read it yet. You can have a look here-

Le Petit Prince by Antoine De Saint-exupery (9780152164157) - The Nile AU

Try going to your local library. At Liverpool Library they have an extensive collection of French books. Probably 100 books or so but there is a small French community there so that's probably why. At my local library I couldn't find any French books.

Newspapers such as Le Monde can be bought from Borders. If there isn't a store near you I could buy some for you and post it to you if you want. The news papers though are usually 10 days late but they are great for improving your vocabulary and listening skills as most of the words in there will be said during viewings of France2 news on SBS at 9.20 am in the morning.

Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch and A Little Princess are DVDs that I have with translated French soundtracks and very accurate accompanying French subtiles. Those are the movies that have developed my accent, vocabulary and comprehension. There are movies out there translated into French soundtracks but they are sporadic, to be honest. Try going on ezydvd and type a movie in that you like and if it has a French soundtrack go to BIG W and buy it there since EzyDVD will rip you off.

The French movies I recommend for you to view are the following-

Un long dimanche de fiancailles (A Very Long Engagement; stars Audrey Tantou and Jodie Foster, yes she can speak French!)
Un long dimanche de fiançailles (2004)

Ma femme est une actrice
Ma femme est une actrice (2001)

There is a whole lot more but I'm in a bit of a rush so I will come back to you with more.

Listen to French songs on youtube and read their paroles in synchronization and keep on repeating the process until it is second nature. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. This should help you profoundly. 'Je veux te voir' and 'fleur de saison' are some good songs.

roadrage75

HSC
Kittikhun said:

Ah, OK that makes sense now. I thought the shopkeeper was a teacher speaking to her student patron. Her accent was so perfect!

I got Le Petit Prince from school. It's a good book and I highly recommend it if you've haven't read it yet. You can have a look here-

Le Petit Prince by Antoine De Saint-exupery (9780152164157) - The Nile AU

Try going to your local library. At Liverpool Library they have an extensive collection of French books. Probably 100 books or so but there is a small French community there so that's probably why. At my local library I couldn't find any French books.

Newspapers such as Le Monde can be bought from Borders. If there isn't a store near you I could buy some for you and post it to you if you want. The news papers though are usually 10 days late but they are great for improving your vocabulary and listening skills as most of the words in there will be said during viewings of France2 news on SBS at 9.20 am in the morning.

Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch and A Little Princess are DVDs that I have with translated French soundtracks and very accurate accompanying French subtiles. Those are the movies that have developed my accent, vocabulary and comprehension. There are movies out there translated into French soundtracks but they are sporadic, to be honest. Try going on ezydvd and type a movie in that you like and if it has a French soundtrack go to BIG W and buy it there since EzyDVD will rip you off.

The French movies I recommend for you to view are the following-

Un long dimanche de fiancailles (A Very Long Engagement; stars Audrey Tantou and Jodie Foster, yes she can speak French!)
Un long dimanche de fiançailles (2004)

Ma femme est une actrice
Ma femme est une actrice (2001)

There is a whole lot more but I'm in a bit of a rush so I will come back to you with more.

Listen to French songs on youtube and read their paroles in synchronization and keep on repeating the process until it is second nature. Don't be afraid of making mistakes. This should help you profoundly. 'Je veux te voir' and 'fleur de saison' are some good songs.

just to add to that, if you want you can join "alliance francaise" - there you can borrow lots of french books, french movies, and they have 'youth meeting sort of things' where people from all ages come to speak in french! :)

oh and p.s. le petit prince is an awesome book :)

bleu

HSC
Yeah Kittikun, the French beginners course is going to be outrageously easy for you. I don't know whether or not you used a dictionary to write your first post, but assuming you used no resources to help you you're knowledge of french is very good. I mean look at all the tenses you used and stuff.

I've completed the french beginners HSC course and judging by ur post you've already learnt everything in the course. I mean the first few months of it, for me, was just you know learning greetings, saying ur name, where you live, how to buy things, present tense, verb conjugations, the weather, clothes, food and other topics, things you probably already know!

And yeah, i remember when i was nearing the end of year 11 i looked up some examples of band 5/6 writing responses on BOS and was amazed to find that 1. i understood it all and had almost learnt everything that was in it and 2. that i could've written it myself at that stage...its a bit strange.

But seriously you're french is fantastic for someone who has been self-taught for a year! Sure you have a few grammatical mistakes, but they're hardly serious errors and few in number. Besides the important thing is that you can spot and correct them.
Its great to see someone so enthusiastic and self-motivated about learning a language! Now all you need is an oppurtunity to go to France, it does wonders for your french!

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i think kittikhun is doing continuers, right...

(100th post! :D)

bleu

HSC
i think kittikhun is doing continuers, right...

(100th post! :D)
really? oh if he is then oops...
But he did say:

kittikhun said:
Et je devrai faire le cours français débutant l'année prochaine (dans l'avis de mon professeur qui continue de ne me croire pas que je parle français) quand elle peut faire le cours avancé!
And don't you have to have done years 9 and 10 french or some previous official study to do continuers?

Kittikhun

HSC
Celle-ci est une question tres difficile. Aujourd'hui j'ai ete informe, par mon prof et mon amie qui apprend l'allemange , que l'Open High School, pour l'instant, prend la consideration si je pourrais vraiment suivre le cours avance parce que je n'ai jamais pris une lecon officielle de la francaise. Ainsi, l'annee derniere, j'ai les ecrit une letter et j'ai fait beaucoup de fautes- des verbes, de la grammaire etc.- qui je pense est la raison de pourquoi ils prenent cette consideration de moi et peut-etre meme, si l'on peut y croire, ils ont leurs doutes. Mais, ils ne m'ont pas donne un exam encore pour evaluer ma capacite en francais, alors je ne suis pas sur de quoi je ferais pour l'annee, bien que j'espere que je peux suivre le cours avance du francais. Je croise les doigts!:)

Last edited:

*Baby-K*

HSC
Kittikhun you french is really good actually so you should be flattered.
Honestly having done continuers + extension I can say that gramma is important BUT you can get by without it being perfect. Teachers don't expect you to become fluent in 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)