ER: Thursday 8:30pm Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

7minute

HSC
babez_hamp said:
poor abby ! she looked so (understandably) shaken at the end and all alone. anyway, i've noticed that kerry isn't really in it that much anymore which is weird cause they had all that stuff with her son and then it was like she dropped off the planet or something. even though she can be totally annoying, i like her character and think they should write her in more
yeah, that's true... which actually sucks because laura innes is probably the best actress on the show (look at 10.16 Where There's Smoke. Kerry is the most complex character on the show... she can be mean and she can be kind, she can be tough and soft, strong and vulnerable... Part of the reason she isn't in every episode is because laura innes directs as well... i read something somewhere about her contract being 'half directing half acting'... but so far i don't she's directed anything yet... I think kerry will feature more later on in the season... although we are almost at the halfway point. out of all the characters she definately has the richest (and most interesting) backstory...

IchigoMiruku

HSC
N/A
7minute said:
The ER won't be the same without Dr Carter... and with Wyle going, that leaves Laura Innes as the longest serving member of the cast.
Not happy that Carter's leaving. Hopefully they'll bring some hottie in cos there's only Kovac left!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i doubt they'll be looking at someone to replace carter because they've just introduced people like ray as the new doctors. they do need a couple more senior people though after losing green, elizabeth and now carter. as long as abby doesn't go i'm happy !

7minute

HSC
On the balance of senior vs junior staff (only looking at the doctors), let's take a look:

Senior Staff: Kerry (Chief of Staff, hardly ever around), Susan (ER Chief), Luka (Attending), Pratt (3rd year resident -ok, this isn't really senior, but he does teach med students and interns)

Junior Staff: Abby (intern), Ray (intern), Neela (intern), half a dozen med students

Don't know where to put Morris. Technically he would rank the same as Pratt, but I doubt the doctors at County would rank him as a senior!

So excluding Morris, we have 4 senior doctors and 3 junior doctors with med students. It's not too bad a balance, but in the past we had everything from second, third and fourth year residents to attendings and chiefs.

On another note, Carter is (to my knowledge) the only surgery intern the show's ever had (before he switched to emergency medicine). It'd be nice if the show had a new surgery intern who actually DIDN'T switch to emergency medicine and we could see them going through. And we'd also see more of surgery, since that's been cut right back since Romano and Corday left. (I still think the writers made a HUGE mistake when they got rid of Romano. And don't even get me started on how they did it!)

7minute

HSC
Episode description for 11.12 The Providers:

A FATHER'S DESPERATE ACT IS THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE HIS LITTLE GIRL - When a sixteen-year-old girl who had received a kidney transplant from her father arrives at the ER feeling dizzy, Carter (Noah Wyle) traces the problem to a new drug called Zarictal that the girl was taking to control seizures related to her kidney dysfunction. Her father feels guilty because he was the one who pushed for her to take the new drug and its side effects may mean his daughter will have to go back on dialysis. Carter asks Neela (Parminder Nagra) to post questions about the drug's side effects on the internet, which causes an uproar when the pharmaceutical company finds out. After Abby (Maura Tierney) and Neela complain about their lackluster dating lives, they end up assigned to work with Jake (Eion Bailey) and Kovac (Goran Visjnic) whom they each seem to have a crush on. Also starring Sherry Stringfield, Laura Innes, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Shane West.

7minute

HSC
Episode description for 11.13 Middleman:

CUTTING CORNERS COSTS LIVES IN THE ER - While examining a young boy, Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) finds a suspicious gash across his chest and calls Wendall (Madchen Amick) for a consult. Kovac (Goran Visjnic) and Pratt examine a man who got shot when he confronted his boss with a gun. Jake (Eion Bailey) tries to convince Abby (Maura Tierney) that being a student shouldn't keep him from dating her. Also starring Sherry Stringfield, Laura Innes, Noah Wyle, Shane West, Parminder Nagra, Linda Cardellini.
The show's getting some very complementary write-ups in the Daily Telegraph's TV guide. Are you reading this, Channel 9? Make sure you keep the show on air!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
the last episode was really sad, with the dad killing himself for the daughter and all. and when the neuro-doctor (chad lowe) talked to carter you could totally see him contemplating moving on from county hospital.........so the end it definately near for dr john carter :(

7minute

HSC
Something you may or may not have heard: although Noah Wyle is leaving ER, he'll be back for four episodes in Season 12. ER's renewed until 2007/8, so he might even appear in later seasons too! (fingers crossed)

I think this season is much better than the last one.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh i know
now the only originals are susan and abby

it will be crap once he leaves i rkn
and wtf has pratt gone?

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i think pratt's character has been shoved aside to make room for other storylines......what ever happened with him and jing-mae ?..they never resolved anything

by the way, abby isn't an original cast-member although she has been there for ages :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
maybe after thoe shooting incident at the beginning of the season, and jing mae's father, they are having a rest period

7minute

HSC
Abby is not an original character, she first appeared in season 6.

Susan was an original character, but Sherry Stringfield left the show and didn't return until season 5.

Kerry is the "oldest" character on the show now, she first appeared in season 2. Laura Innes became a regular cast member in season 3 (in season 2 she was a recurring guest star).

I think Pratt will reappear soon enough. His storyline mostly revolved around Jing-Mei, and now that she's gone, the writers are probably trying to figure out a way to reintegrate him with the other characters.

7minute

HSC
Episode description for 11.14 Just As I Am:

SHOCKED DR. WEAVER FINALLY MEETS HER BIRTH MOTHER - FRANCES FISHER GUEST-STARS -- Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) encounters an evasive patient (Frances Fisher, "Titanic") who shocks her by revealing that she is her birth mother, who put her baby up for adoption at 15. As they spend time sharing their life stories, their budding relationship withers when Weaver confesses to her mother -- an evangelical Christian -- that she is gay. Elsewhere, Dr. Pratt (Mekhi Phifer) warily turns over an addled elderly woman to the care of Jane (Sara Gilbert) while Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) causes a commotion when he confronts a couple hoping to scam some painkilling drugs. Sherry Stringfield, Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Linda Cardellini, Parminder Nagra, Eion Bailey and Shane West also star.
Finally we get to see Laura Innes for more than just a minute or two! And hopefully learn something new about Kerry Weaver (since she got custody of Henry we haven't heard much at all).

Enjoy!

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
it looks like a great episode.....the woman who play kerry's mother is very good at playing bitches lol.

HSC
I love Dr Kovach. mmmm... yummy.

For anyone who has Foxtel/Fox8 the new show Freaks and Geeks has Sam the nurse from ER in it, except she has black hair. It took me ages to work out that it was actually her, but there you go

HSC
Double post, but I thought that it was so sad last nite when Carrie met her mummy and she didnt want to accept her because she's gay :'(

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
that was really sad.....especially since her adoptive parents are dead, so now she has no one :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)