Environment (1 Viewer)

AGB

HSC
can someone give me an example of a typical question on the environment please

i was thinking something along the lines of 'analyse the impact of globalisation on the environment'. i know that would be quite tough, but i am not sure of what other types of things they could ask as an extended response........

any help would be much appreciated

Blondie

Q24e in the 2002 HSC paper is all i can think of. havent got my question paper here, but see if you can find that. its worth 4 marks.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Explain the difference between a public good and a private good.

Why is the atmosphere a public good?

What is an externality? What is an example of an externality apart from pollution?

Define ESD. What is intergenerational equity?

Exaplain policies that a government can use to make companies responsible for their levels of pollution? (Asked in a much more economic way because right now my brain is dead)

Explain market failure. How does market failure determine private and social benefits and costs?

What are renewable resources? What is an example of a non-renewable resource?

... and I give up. Um and the question that Blondie was talking about was

"Explain the impact of economic growth on ecologically sustainable development"

And as for extended response, I seriously only think that you can tie it in with a conflict of objectives essay response, or when you're discussing the limitations of governments in making policies - conflicts again. It wouldn't constitute an entire essay ...

Hope they help. Be warned, they're taken from my head and vague memories from papers I've looked at.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Nupil
And as for extended response, I seriously only think that you can tie it in with a conflict of objectives essay response, or when you're discussing the limitations of governments in making policies - conflicts again. It wouldn't constitute an entire essay ...
I agree. Ext response on ESD, highly unlikley. ESD is one of those short answer questions. A whole ext response is truly wishful thinking in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)