entry (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
again sorry if this question has been asked before...but with the main round entries for Medicine at UNSW, if you are selected after your principal has circled UAI of 98 and above...will it matter if my UAI is not actually that high? am i still accepted into the course?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They don't select ANYONE for entry until after

a) UAIs are released
b) all candidates are interviewed

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There was a post on that actually, and some information on the UNSW Medfac site a few months ago about this. They do have certain combinations of UMAT/projected UAI that gain an interview, but I can't remember them. The general rule is

[UAI<98] != interview

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, != means "not equal to". I can't be bothered with HTML for the proper =/= sign so you get the programming equivalent.

ishq

brown?
HSC
The school sends the UNSW forms doesn't it? Without giving us a peek at the number they circled?
;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Depends on the school. Some will tell you, others won't. Mine didn't tell me, but I knew they circled 95.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I wish I could count on that, but I doubt my Principal even knows my name.
Do you think things like this will effect what they circle? I mean, because I am a relatively new student, I don't think she will be as sure of my abilities as she would be of another student, who had been at the school longer.

Last edited:
HSC
i have been at my school for 5 years yet the principal can't remember my name...he calls me Alan....

well my name is similar if u take out the Al and replace it with a letter and we have the same surname but calling me another name when i have being in his school for 5 years :mad:

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
im sure the principal will make sure his opinion is educated...whether he knows you or not...like im skippa at my skool, and there are plenty of new kids that the principal will make sure he finds out about when he has to reference for them and stuff...im sure a principal would be biased towards ALL his students.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey my name was known throughout the school, firstly for very bad reasons, then for not "outgrowing" those bad reasons, then for very good reasons but still poor work.

I had excellent rapport with most of my teachers though - I found that to be far more valuable than getting on with most of the students.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Hey my name was known throughout the school, firstly for very bad reasons, then for not "outgrowing" those bad reasons, then for very good reasons but still poor work.

I had excellent rapport with most of my teachers though - I found that to be far more valuable than getting on with most of the students.
Yes, students can be a pain.
Glad I never was one.

RyBo

HSC
I go to a small school (500 students), and being well known can sometimes not be so wonderful. everyone knows everything about you, and if you do something "wrong" (light stuff on fire, full school water fights (to put fire out of course) ect........................) everybody, especially the principal knows. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
ishq said:
Yes, students can be a pain.
Glad I never was one.
I'm not really sure what your point is, but obviously you have an issue with what I said and so I will clarify. Getting on with my peers at school was not nearly as helpful or important to me as the average American Teen Movie would demand. Getting on with my teachers, however, gave me excellent education, improved insight into my world and most of all a wealth of advice from experienced people. Moreover, my teachers became reliable friends, who helped me with many difficult problems (especially with such things as exams, scholarship applications, choosing my course etc). I have even been able to go back to them and ask for advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)