Entry into UNSW... (1 Viewer)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Just after some information about entry into UNSW in Law. I want to do Law but I dont think i will obtain the UAI needed to gain entry (99.3 I think!! ekk).

Wondering about things like transfering from another course (saw something about it in another thread), scholarships (pref. sporting or leadership, not monetary but marks wise...), and/or anything someone can think of to help get me in their!!!

My family has a long history of Lawers (dad, grand, great...), but my generation has so far failed to produce anymore. Bad generation :vcross:... And Im the youngest, wouldnt I b the good little child!! hehe

Yeah serious now, I really want to get into law at UNSW and need to help.

Thanks a lot in advanced,
disco_dave

santaslayer

HSC
disco_dave said:
Just after some information about entry into UNSW in Law. I want to do Law but I dont think i will obtain the UAI needed to gain entry (99.3 I think!! ekk).

Wondering about things like transfering from another course (saw something about it in another thread), scholarships (pref. sporting or leadership, not monetary but marks wise...), and/or anything someone can think of to help get me in their!!!

My family has a long history of Lawers (dad, grand, great...), but my generation has so far failed to produce anymore. Bad generation :vcross:... And Im the youngest, wouldnt I b the good little child!! hehe

Yeah serious now, I really want to get into law at UNSW and need to help.

Thanks a lot in advanced,
disco_dave

Choose a link:

Transfers: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=36927

NRSL: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=36979

Scholarships: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=38054

Graduate Law: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=37336 :)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
santaslayer said:
Thanks for the start,

But I was after maybe a bit more specfic information:

Like what other course is best to do when trying to transfer out of it to law?? That tranfer thread just talks about that one persons experience...

Scholarships: I was more looking towards what avenues I should take in trying to get a scholarships. That thread talks about acdemic scholarships that provide funding. I was more looking for maybe a sporting scholarship that may boost your UAI. Possible, or do they exist??

The oher link talks about someone finishing a whole degree before starting their law degree. Not really what I was planning on!!

I was a start, but some more specific information would be great. I have been through most threads in this area and have not really been able to find what I am looking for.

disco

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
disco_dave said:
Thanks for the start,

But I was after maybe a bit more specfic information:

Like what other course is best to do when trying to transfer out of it to law?? That tranfer thread just talks about that one persons experience...

Scholarships: I was more looking towards what avenues I should take in trying to get a scholarships. That thread talks about acdemic scholarships that provide funding. I was more looking for maybe a sporting scholarship that may boost your UAI. Possible, or do they exist??

The oher link talks about someone finishing a whole degree before starting their law degree. Not really what I was planning on!!

I was a start, but some more specific information would be great. I have been through most threads in this area and have not really been able to find what I am looking for.

disco
1) Any general degree would be suitable for transferring into an LLB. More popular ones include B Science, B Arts and B Commerce. It really is up to you IMO. What you do have to realise is that transfers arn't necessarily as easy as they sound and you need to have a back up/contingent plan if all else fails. ire. What other degree would you be happy with if you fail to transfer the first year. (some law schools only allow first year transfers. eg. UNSW)

2) I don't know about sporting scholarships for LLBs, I only know about academic scholarship, I haven't heard of them, other people in the forum may know more then me, sorry.

3) Graduate law would be your other option if you fail to transfer first time round. (knock on wood :p)

Good luck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)