Enrolment (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yesh you can do the timetables on the net.
as for the special page, you will probably be able to find it somewhere on the day. if you have already done you timetables on the net it is a matter of transferring it to the page and will take you less than 5 mins

muli

All done :D

Must say there was a lot more to enrolement than I expected. Quick run down of the steps...

1) Collecting enrolement forms
Simple enough, show them some ID, they find your name and give you the forms (with our all new student ID number!!). The forms just ask you to confirm contact details, and asks you what you want to do about HECS. Plus if you do a 'quick survey' with the Christian Union while you're waiting outside, you'll get a free chuppa-chup!

2) Advisors Approval of Timetable (First Yr only)
Remember on advising day the E7BCourtyard which had all the stalls set up? They've done it again (in a different order) so you can have your timetable checked and signed off. Plus if you do another 'quick survey' with the Christian Union on your way in, you'll get another free chuppa-chup!

3) Enrolement
This is the fun part. You sit down in a big room with lotsa computers, meet some really nice operator, and they punch in all the clases you want from your proposed timetable. I got in all mine, but I enrolled at 12pm today. They then give you a new printout with your timetable, and take in the enrolement form that you filled out earlier.

4) Log onto E-Student
Another simple step, basiclly just logging into the student net with the password they give you, then changing it.

5) The Atrium!
This is where everything else takes place. Watch out for the Christian Union people trying to make you do more surveys and give you more chuppa-chups (quite frankly my teeth weren't happy). But you head down below the food court to:
- register on the SAM webpage,
- get your sam membership card & diary,
- get your campus card (make sure you're lookin sxc), and
- get your concession sticker

And that's enrolement for ya! All in all it took me just over an hour. Weren't too many queues at all. My only words of advice are to take a bag/folder for all the paper they give you ... and if possible ... stay away from people congregating around a bin of chuppa chups and handing out surveys!!!

euphoria

It was surprisingly simple today..... I just don't think that they should put doing your student card all the way at the end. I was so hot and flustered by then... I looked like I was going to kill someone... which I was!!!!!
But thankfully... sitting at home now, I can finally relax and say "Thank God, THAT is over!!!!!" :D

muli

Nah all you need to do is see an academic advisor based on your degree. They make sure you know what the core units are and that you need to have over 17cp to be classified as a full time student.

It's just the one signature you need

Leanne

HSC
an hour?? u reckon there will be around the same amount of ppl there tomoz....?

i hope so!!! :)

hey- i'm not christian- can i still do the survey and get my free chuppa chup??!!

muli

They've staggered it well so that there isn't a real rush of people. I'd expect it'd still be an hour.

As for the surveys, I think they're really just trying to recruit people. No matter what you write you'll get a chuppa chup :D

^___^
HSC
oh man

i just came back from my 1:30enrollment

the biggest bitch was getting advisor to sign ur table

fucken p[roblem is, everyone in front of me didn't make any attmept to make a table and half of them dun even know what fucken subjects to chose

so fuck, i waited like 1.5hrs just to sign a paper...

fucken dickheads

muli

aaah i see, yeh a lot of people didn't realise you actually chose subjects and made a timetable. I was in at 12 and as soon as i got my papers i headed straight to advisors where the hall was empty

but yeh if they hadn't made a timetable prior, woulda taken them aaaages

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Ah sorry to hear.

I was making photo ID cards for newbies till 1:30...most people thought it all went okay.

muli

heey i think i met you, they took a dodgy photo the first time round and you (if you're who i think you are) made me sit down and do it again

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by GoodToGo
I was making photo ID cards for newbies till 1:30...most people thought it all went okay.
interesting

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by muli
heey i think i met you, they took a dodgy photo the first time round and you (if you're who i think you are) made me sit down and do it again
Hmm not sure, quite a few of you lot... Anyways, asian dude with spiky (slightly overgrown) hair is me!

Last edited:

euphoria

signing timetable??? OOOOPS I missed that step!! HAHAHAHA But I still got it put into the computer and all... nobody cares if I stuff up MY degree.... bastards..... hahaha
I asked one of those ppl with the shirts.. and they said "well if u don't really have any questions about ur degree... go get ou timetable put into the computer"
am I in trouble coz I never got that signature?

*hopeful*

HSC
i think u only need the signature if ur enrolling in more than 14 c.points per semester

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by muli
Oh nup, different guy, I was thinkin of the guy at the printers.
Ah yeah, I know who you mean. We're all library staff..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)