Enrolment question (2nd Year) (1 Viewer)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I'm doing commerce/law majoring in finance (this is different to appfin/law)

The 2004 handbook that I got at the start of first year and the 2005 handbook (which is now online) show different requirements for completing the same degree. In addition to a few minor changes on the law side of things, it's become clear that people commencing my degree in 2005 don't have to do a mathematics subject

Is there any way I can avoid maths in my degree? I did 4u maths for the HSC and because of this I have to do at least math135. The fact that I haven't done any maths for well over a year, coupled with the fact that I was a bit of a battler in 4u anyway are the reasons that I don't want to do the uni maths subject.

Which handbook do I have to follow?

My course is on p313 of the 2004 Undergraduate Studies Handbook and is located in it's 2005 form here

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
As you're doing law, you would have noticed the changes to first year law, right? well, because we've already done Tort, we ignore the 2005 handbook in that regard. It's hard looking at your program of study... where did you used to have to do maths? It seems that the changes are relevant where you havent yet embarked on that aspect of your course. Also, you should be able to see when you reenrol online; if its still there for you to pick, you'll have to do it.

sucks, but thats the way the cookie crumbles :(

doe

HSC
N/A
imo you would crap on 135. i did 2u general 3 years before i did it and i still managed to pass not doing much work.

in the ics division you follow the program as proscribed when you enrolled. you might be able to get a waiver.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
yeah my other problem is that there are 5 subjects that need to get done that are only offered in first semester

i probably should have done math135 last year but i had to leave one of the first year subjects out so I chose that one

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i have a question. I'm trying to undertake first year law units, so if i get accepted do i have to go there or can i simply choose law units online? its not exactly a transfer or anything but i dunno. who here knows if it can all be done online and when abouts i am told that i got accepted or not?

any help appreciated.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
couldnt be bothered posting a new thread..

Because, as 2nd year students we can enrol and register in classes online, how/when do we go about getting our concession sticker and getting parking tickets and all those other little admin things that happen at the on-campus enrolment sessions?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
couldnt be bothered posting a new thread..

Because, as 2nd year students we can enrol and register in classes online, how/when do we go about getting our concession sticker and getting parking tickets and all those other little admin things that happen at the on-campus enrolment sessions?
i remember reading somethink in the reenrolment package that we get concessions in the first week back. oh and you are able to get parking stickers right now from the uni.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ok thanks for that.
how much is it for a 1 year pass?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
not sure sorry....
have you chcked the SES site?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)