enrolment etc help please (1 Viewer)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
hey peeps i have a problem
since main round offers come out on the 19th of Jan, when do we have to enrol for the courses we get accepted into? cos im overseas and will be until mid feb, but i authorised my sister to act on my behalf except she'll be overseas from jan8th-31st.. so i think im kinda screwed..
are there other ways to enrol ?

im hoping to get accepted into UNSW

thanks heaps

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The actual link to accepting your offer and enrolling into classes online is here: http://my.unsw.edu.au
So if u get into UNSW, i think u'll be ok

Extract from the site:
COMING SOON for Session 1, 2004 commencing students.
If you have an offer to study a UNSW degree program, commencing in session 1, 2004 you will soon be able to accept your offer and enrol in classes online. For information about this new service and to check if you are eligible to use it, please click here

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
opps... sorry for the wrong link...

crazylilmonkee

HSC
oh ok cool thanks heaps peeps

but are offers sent by snail mail? are there any other alternatives to this?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
usyd's offers are snail mail... there is a pack with info on what to do thats why.

GoingNowhere

penispenispenispenispenis
Here's a question. I might not be here when i have to enrol, so I want someone to act on my behalf. But i didn't/haven't sent in the Supp. Form A or whatever it is. So is it too late? Or can I still get someone to enrol/accept my offer for me? And if I can, where do I get the form from, because I lost my uac book?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The form in the UAC book, Supp Form A, was to authorise someone to deal with UAC for you.
The closing date for this was 30 September, then after that they needed a late fee. Call UAC after Christmas.
To enrol at the unis, you need to sign a form authorising someone to act for you, called a proxy form.
UTS: http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/forms/SAU_authoritytoenrol.pdf
USYD: http://www.usyd.edu.au/studentcentre/forms/proxyform2004.pdf
UNSW, however, requires you to enrol completely online: http://www.my.unsw.edu.au
And I'm not sure about MQ... hope this helps

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by GoingNowhere
Here's a question. I might not be here when i have to enrol, so I want someone to act on my behalf. But i didn't/haven't sent in the Supp. Form A or whatever it is. So is it too late? Or can I still get someone to enrol/accept my offer for me? And if I can, where do I get the form from, because I lost my uac book?
Contact UAC for the exact details on this - I suggest u phone them after the Xmas break

lp

do the other university allow online enrollments besides UNSW? like UTS? USYD? and MAQ? i'm currently oversea too....

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
If I have a high enough UAI for my 3rd and 4th preferences, will they send out offers for both? or just the 3rd?
This is because i'm still deciding whether to do my 3rd or 4th preference.
If they only give me a 3rd preference and i decide that i want to do my 4th preference, is there time to make changes?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by lp
do the other university allow online enrollments besides UNSW? like UTS? USYD? and MAQ? i'm currently oversea too....
I dont think so...UNSW has only just implemented online enrolment for 2004 students (but u'd think UTS would too)

Originally posted by deyveed
If I have a high enough UAI for my 3rd and 4th preferences, will they send out offers for both? or just the 3rd?
This is because i'm still deciding whether to do my 3rd or 4th preference.
If they only give me a 3rd preference and i decide that i want to do my 4th preference, is there time to make changes?
U only get ur 3rd pref, not 4th
and there is time to make changes (ie change preferences and then wait for a late round offer) but thats extremely unlikely to happen (especially if ur 4th preference is a popular course, meaning there wont be any places available in the late round)

alman

in the post, silly billy :p

we really are getting way ahead of ourselves, technologically speaking

GoingNowhere

Originally posted by babydoll_
The form in the UAC book, Supp Form A, was to authorise someone to deal with UAC for you.
The closing date for this was 30 September, then after that they needed a late fee. Call UAC after Christmas.
To enrol at the unis, you need to sign a form authorising someone to act for you, called a proxy form.
UTS: http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/forms/SAU_authoritytoenrol.pdf
USYD: http://www.usyd.edu.au/studentcentre/forms/proxyform2004.pdf
UNSW, however, requires you to enrol completely online: http://www.my.unsw.edu.au
And I'm not sure about MQ... hope this helps
Originally posted by Minai
Contact UAC for the exact details on this - I suggest u phone them after the Xmas break
So I called UAC, and they said if I want someone to accept an offer on my behalf, then I have to organise it with the universities themselves, and not UAC. Is this right? From those forms it looks like they're only for enrolment. Also, do we accept offers through the internet? oh, and can we accept right after we receive the offer?

So I also tried calling the universities, but they're all closed it seems. I'm thinking January 5th would be the date when I can get all this stuff organised then, which is a bit of a pain. And with UNSW, because its online, anyone can really do it for me if I'm not here, right?

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
So I called UAC, and they said if I want someone to accept an offer on my behalf, then I have to organise it with the universities themselves, and not UAC. Is this right? From those forms it looks like they're only for enrolment. Also, do we accept offers through the internet? oh, and can we accept right after we receive the offer?

So I also tried calling the universities, but they're all closed it seems. I'm thinking January 5th would be the date when I can get all this stuff organised then, which is a bit of a pain. And with UNSW, because its online, anyone can really do it for me if I'm not here, right?
Well, ring the appropriate uni's on the 5th of Jan and ask
u accept offers online, but im not sure about all the uni's
and no, u cant accept wen u get the offer - usually, in the letter of offer, there are details and a timetable of wen different degree's have their enrolment days (late jan/early feb uisually)

UNSW - if u get an offer from there, then ur problems will be solved, coz yes, u can accept ur offer and also enrol online (be warned, wen accepting ur offer at UNSW, u have to pay a deposit - which is creditied to your student account later)

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by alman
in the post, silly billy :p

we really are getting way ahead of ourselves, technologically speaking
lol, sorry. I wasn't too sure. wasn't thinking.

GoingNowhere

Originally posted by Minai
and no, u cant accept wen u get the offer - usually, in the letter of offer, there are details and a timetable of wen different degree's have their enrolment days (late jan/early feb uisually)
Oh wait, do you mean we can't accept the offer or we can't enrol? I know enrolment is later, but i was asking if we could accept the offer, say on the 19th itself.

Thanks.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wait, do you mean we can't accept the offer or we can't enrol? I know enrolment is later, but i was asking if we could accept the offer, say on the 19th itself.

Thanks.
oh whoops, sorry for the confusion
yes u can accept ur offer from 19th online

I am unsure about other uni's, but here is some info if u intend to study at UNSW:

- Main Round offers (19 January 2004): You MUST accept your offer by 17:00 (Sydney time) Friday 23 January 2004.

- Accepting your UAC Offer

If you have been made an offer to study a degree program at UNSW or the College of Fine Arts (COFA), commencing in Session One 2004, you will be able to use the myUNSW online service to accept, request deferment or decline your offer. All students commencing in Session One 2004 are required to pay a deposit to confirm their acceptance. Local students are required to pay $250.

Dingo

Banned
just make sure you pick your preferences by jan 5th 2004.
and the rest is up to you. use your brains
call up uac, run around in little circles in your room and scream.
just do something ...
LOL

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)