enrolment at ANU (1 Viewer)

bobohappy

HSC
hey there =]

just wondering, when enrolling to study at ANU for an undergraduate course starting in 2010, do you have to go to canberra in person? or can you do it online?

coz i'm pretty sure that for UNSW, you can ENROL online

thoughts?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
if you're a new kid, you have to do it in person during o-week. I wrote a little bit about it in the FAQ - have a look. You need ID + TFN etc.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Yes you have to do it in person at Melville Hall. There you take care of all the admin stuff and enrol.

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
What are the arrangements for those who can't make their enrolment day? Now it seems I have to be in Canberra three days earlier than I expected =/

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
What are the arrangements for those who can't make their enrolment day? Now it seems I have to be in Canberra three days earlier than I expected =/
dude, ur from port macq - ur not even an international student...

Id be going to o-week if i was you. unless (like me) u've signed a legally binding work contract during those dates.

reedy01

Premium Member
HSC
in that above link, it says enrollment day starts on the 10th of feb which is a wednesday, then it says O week starts on the 15th of feb and ends 19th which is the next monday?

so which day do we go to uni?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
No, enrolment day is like 5 days before O-week.
Not for non-locals, read the booklet on enrolling. If you don't have a copy find it on the ANU site.

in that above link, it says enrollment day starts on the 10th of feb which is a wednesday, then it says O week starts on the 15th of feb and ends 19th which is the next monday?

so which day do we go to uni?
Classes start the week after O-Week, if that's what you were asking

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Not for non-locals, read the booklet on enrolling. If you don't have a copy find it on the ANU site.
I have read the booklet on enrolling, it doesn't do a terribly good job of explaining this. But do you mean non-locals enrol on Thursday 18th where it says 'Undergraduate Enrolments (Halls and Colleges - Domestic Students)'?

Epic

HSC
Edit: Don't worry. Had to reread the booklet.

Last edited:

Ishynooshy

HSC
Will there be uni staff before/on the 18th Feb who we'll be able to talk to regarding which subject to choose?

Edit: I know there's that Pre-enrolment day on the 10th. What I meant was during O-Week.

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
the first step you go through on your enrolment day is to get course advice from people from the College your degree program comes under. So if you're doing a BSc, when you get into Melville Hall you'll go get course advice from College of Science ppl and then they'll sign off on your enrolment form before you proceed to the next stage. Even if you know exactly what subjects you want to take you still need to get your form signed.

so yeah, don't stress, there'll be people to give you course advice etc at the time of enrolment.

kingjulian

HSC
Hi, just wondering if I have to choose my Semester 2 courses on enrollment day or is it just for Semester 1?

Also, for my electives could i do any course I wanted? I'm going to do an Actuarial degree and I dunno if i can choose something artsy for my elective.

Thanks! :)

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Hi, just wondering if I have to choose my Semester 2 courses on enrollment day or is it just for Semester 1?

Also, for my electives could i do any course I wanted? I'm going to do an Actuarial degree and I dunno if i can choose something artsy for my elective.

Thanks! :)
I don't think you have to choose 2nd semester courses then and there, but if you're doing actuarial then you don't have much of a choice anyway. Yes, you can choose something artsy.

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
you need to enrol for the whole year, so yes you will need to put something down for semester 2. Don't agonise over your choices too much though, you can always switch things around until a couple of weeks into sem 2 (except for your compulsory courses, naturally).

with electives, you should be able to do an artsy course if you want, but remember that you'll need a certain number of units of credit from the College you're enrolled in (I think Business & Economics covers Actuarial? not sure.) to complete your degree. You should be able to fit some out-of-college courses in there though.

kingjulian

HSC
Ok awesome!

Any suggestions on what electives are fun? I'm scared having all maths stuff will be taxing and a bit dreary so i want to do something that's interesting. My sister said her gender studies elective was great. Would that be a good choice or should I pick something more psychologyish?

Thanks!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
look at your future year courses, so that you have done enough courses to get the max number of possibilities in 2nd year. Courses that other actuary students have also studied in the past: computer science (COMP), maths - duh (MATH), finance (FINN), Business (BUSN), Economics (EMET?). but dont feel you have to do them, look at your degree and see if you can do other courses from different faculties. There are heaps of courses to choose from, so have a look around and choose something that you wouldnt normally do. I chose comp & psyc in first year just for kicks (ontop of my ENVS/EMSC (environment & geology courses)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)