Enrolment.. aftermath questions (1 Viewer)

spark

After all the fun and excitement... I have 2 perplexing questions

Were we meant to receive any information on textbooks for our degrees (my case, Communications/Law)? Because I didn't get any and I'm worried I might have missed out on something..

aaaaand...

My user/pass does not work on the SOLS system! Is it working for anyone? (new enrollers that is)

Thanks in advance :)

m@ds

SOLS can take up to 24 hours to activate...I'm guessing cos everyone's tyring to get on it will be extra long, so just give it time. I thought I had written down the wrong password but my frined told it can take awhile :)

As for textbooks, I *think* we have a link in our SOLS that is 'Textbook Availiability' or something similar, and it lists the textbooks we need for our specific subjects.

I am doing Communications/Law too...majoring in Adv/Marketing
:)

suz

HSC
Today was good
Long but good
A complete brain overload lol

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey, for SOLS, just go to 'old long in' and you use your student number, barcode number (on your student card) and DOB - that got me in :)

Yeah, today was ok. Nothing exciting. All I really wanted was my card. And I hate my picture. It's soo bad. I look like I just crawled out of bed... argh. ah well, its what I normally look like anyways.. Well, student card - that was my highlight. Bloody train was half an hour late coming back!! which really sucked because I was suppose to go see Return of the King (again) but missed it because the train was so bloody late.. hehehe. Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow ;)

I'm looking forward to classes starting though, need some order back in my life ;)

Sam

samboh
HSC
sols should work... eventually... it might not work now.. but it'll work. trust me.. i'm in 2nd yr.. its had its probs.. but eh it gets fixed pretty quickly..

and yes textbook info. is on sols... so u gotta wait till u can access that to know what textbooks u gotta get..
but once u know... head straight for the SRC bookstore... cheaper books compared to the bookshop.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
sols does work--like rabbit said, use the 'old login' part using ur student number and barcode and that gets you in.

santaslayer

HSC
well it works fine for me now......24 hrs has passed...lol

hey, do we have an option to change our passwords on SOLS?

spark

Thanks everyone !! It works now :D

santaslayer.. You have to change your password as soon as possible because your current password is not totally discrete.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
how do you change it? I'm lookin round and cant seem to find any 'change password' option.. LOL

spark

White Rabbit - go through SOLS and then "Manage Email/Internet Settings & Quota" and then "change password".

Now that I can access SOLS. I have another stupid question to ask.. I promise this is my last stupid question :p Sorry! >.<

In regards to our timetable and enrolling in tutorials/lectures/seminars etc... are we meant to just pick 3 from each subject timetable?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, i was accidentally given someone else's print out. luckly i wrote down my password/username elsewhere

holl

I have the enrollment day tommorow. Could you guys tell me what you did there?

santaslayer

HSC
ermmm......SPARK i still cant seem to find that stoopid "Manage Email/Internet Settings & Quota"
whereabouts is it??????
lol...sorry, im blind

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
anything else exciting u can do on SOLS?
Nope Wollongong is a boring university in which nothing happens, :( so please let me in lolz :p

spark

LOL.. poor Snapwizard! You can always transfer.. :)

I'm sure SOLS will be more exciting once we get started... :p For now, its all about subjects and planning your timetable.. which is giving me a headache cause we supposedly have to pick 3 preferences and there's alot of clashing with my timetable!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)