Enrollment Credit Points Help. (1 Viewer)

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
I'm doing a Engineering and Science degree, and I'm at the "Enrol in Units" stage of my enrollment, it's telling me I have too many units.

The handbooks for chem and mechanical (my two majors) display the total of the required units as 30 Credit Points for year 1, and that's how many I put into the enrollment page, though it's telling me "The maximum allowable is 14.0 Credit Points for Session 1. Please remove some units from your enrolment list below." It says the same thing for Session 2, how am I suppose to enrol if the required units add up to 30?

http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2015/Majors/UGMajor/Chemistry
http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2015/Majors/UGMajor/Mechanical+Engineering

suika

HSC
Since you are doing a double degree (like I am), you're going to have more units to choose from in your first year. With that being said, it will be impossible to fit all of your 100 level units in the first two semesters. Only because you are allowed to do a total of 28 CP across two semesters, meaning 14 CP each semester.

Unfortunately you aren't going to be able to do all of your 100 level units in the first year (unless you plan on doing some of the courses in the third semester and I think a maximum of 6 CP is allowed - so 24 + 6 = 30). However from calculations I believe you are able to have one elective in your first year. If you also didn't know, you are required to do one People Unit and one Planet Unit so I highly recommend your elective being one of those. However you can choose a unit that relates to your degree/assist you in your future studies. I suggest you download the PDF copy of the degree planner to help you work out which units should you do this year and when.

Anyways good luck planning! It's difficult but worth it in the long run.

Michaelleroy

HSC
May I ask how do you do 2 degrees please, because I had no idea that you could do that?

Last edited:

LeadTaco

HSC
N/A
Since you are doing a double degree (like I am), you're going to have more units to choose from in your first year. With that being said, it will be impossible to fit all of your 100 level units in the first two semesters. Only because you are allowed to do a total of 28 CP across two semesters, meaning 14 CP each semester.

Unfortunately you aren't going to be able to do all of your 100 level units in the first year (unless you plan on doing some of the courses in the third semester and I think a maximum of 6 CP is allowed - so 24 + 6 = 30). However from calculations I believe you are able to have one elective in your first year. If you also didn't know, you are required to do one People Unit and one Planet Unit so I highly recommend your elective being one of those. However you can choose a unit that relates to your degree/assist you in your future studies. I suggest you download the PDF copy of the degree planner to help you work out which units should you do this year and when.

Anyways good luck planning! It's difficult but worth it in the long run.
That really helped thanks.

suika

HSC
That really helped thanks.
Glad I could help!

May I ask how do you do 2 degrees please, because I had no idea that you could do that?
There's always a list of available courses up on the MQ site and you could apply for any double degree they offered through UAC or other means. If you are interested in doing a double degree I suggest researching on what they can offer but note that they can't provide double degrees for every type of combination. Also you can transfer during the semester from your current degree to a double degree.

Michaelleroy

HSC
Okay thanks, so where would I have to look to see what combinations are available for the double degree? I'm having a bit of a trouble finding it on the site.

suika

HSC
Okay thanks, so where would I have to look to see what combinations are available for the double degree? I'm having a bit of a trouble finding it on the site.
All I can offer you is this: http://study.mq.edu.au/study/Find-a-Course

From my knowledge there's no exact list, so just pick a field that you'd like to study and scroll through the course list. I hope that's helpful :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)