• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

enrolling B.actuarial/B.commerce. which courses? (1 Viewer)

motaba

HSC
The census date is a couple weeks after uni starts, I think 31st March next year.
My understanding is that if you drop out of any course before the census date (also includes dropping out of uni altogether) then the government won't charge that course on your HECS.
But after the census date, the course fees will be added to your HECS no matter what, even if you drop out.

HSC
Is HSC economics assumed knowledge for actuarial/comm? All i have found is 4u maths...

Will i be at a disadvantage when doing the eco courses such as ECON1101 or is the course taught from the beginning? (anyone can sit and learn)

photastic

HSC
Is HSC economics assumed knowledge for actuarial/comm? All i have found is 4u maths...

Will i be at a disadvantage when doing the eco courses such as ECON1101 or is the course taught from the beginning? (anyone can sit and learn)
No only 3u maths is assumed for UNSW. 4u and English adv are 'recommended' so i'd prob get raped by the maths. Dw, you will pick up economics straight away.

gahyunkk

HSC
I haven't done both business studies & economics as well.. Only 4units math

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Business studies and economics don't even help. They will get you through maybe 2 weeks worth of content. And even then its fairly easy to learn yourself

HSC
Business studies and economics don't even help. They will get you through maybe 2 weeks worth of content. And even then its fairly easy to learn yourself
SO basically the eco courses don't disadvantage students who haven't done the HSC course and are taught from basics

motaba

HSC

you won't be disadvantaged, but i reckon those who did hsc eco would have an advantage. I did it and I got higher marks than my other friends who didn't do hsc eco while doing less work.
Also do yourself a favour and go to Alberto Motta's lectures :)

HSC
you won't be disadvantaged, but i reckon those who did hsc eco would have an advantage. I did it and I got higher marks than my other friends who didn't do hsc eco while doing less work.
Also do yourself a favour and go to Alberto Motta's lectures :)
Okay cool thanks!

Also how do you know who takes which lecture on the class details website?

motaba

HSC
Okay cool thanks!

Also how do you know who takes which lecture on the class details website?
hmmm, i'm not sure when you can find out who takes which lectures, you'll have to try and find it yourself, or ask your friends who they have when uni starts. Just make sure he is your lecturer!!!

HSC
hmmm, i'm not sure when you can find out who takes which lectures, you'll have to try and find it yourself, or ask your friends who they have when uni starts. Just make sure he is your lecturer!!!
Alright thanks!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You can akways drop later on. Do it for a semester and see how that goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)