Enrolled online...now what (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ok i completed those 7 steps
I have my email activated
I know what my enrollment date is: Wed 1st Feb 06 and the time 3pm.
Do I have to choose my subjects now because I am totally confused. I am doing B Laws/B Business and have no idea what to do now that I'm enrolled
Help please

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
just wait till enrolment ;)

its probably an idea to have a look at the handbook to check out the standard first year subjects for your course. but on enrolment they will basically go through it with you and you choose your subjects there if its flexible, or otherwise you basically get told what subjects you're doing (which is prolli more likely with the law side) but you may have some freedom with regards to what bus subjects you do.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yup, just wait until enrolment and refer to one of the other recent threads I posted in about looking at the handbook and looking at what subjects you can enrol in. Also, would be good to look at the timetable and work out what times you want to choose for classes.

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au
http://timetable.uts.edu.au

You'll go through the enrolment process at enrolment and then you can adjust it at home if you want.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Man, I spend one day mulling over my offer (I got two) and by the time I registered for enrolment all that was left the 16th of February! Will this effect my study schedule at all?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Doesn't really matter when you enrol for main round offers, so don't worry. You enrol into your subjects as normal and if they are core subjects then there should be plenty of space. The only problem with a later enrolment is that there might be less spaces left in the popular timeslots, because you new students I believe have to select specific classes. You can swap between classes up until start of semester if someone drops out (if its full). Just keep monitoring the system. UTS is pretty flexible in that they let you choose which classes you want to be in, which doesn't happen at some other uni's, so take advantage of this :).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'm sure you'll live :). For now just fully read the handbook entry for your course and plan your subjects and timetable from the links I mentioned above. That will help you a lot on your enrolment day and you can get it over and done with in 1-2 hours rather than spending the whole day doing it. Besides the online enrolment, the only other main thing you do on enrolment is submit your HECS forms (I think), a few other forms here and there, and get your photo taken for your student card. I think that info might already be on the enrolment website somewhere. Make sure you look good on enrolment day because they use the same photo each year for your student card!

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Has anybody heard about the orientation day thing? I vaguely remember there being a tour of some sorts; or is that after enrolment?

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
booking a tour was part of the online enrollment .. as for the "O-Week" or Orientation stuff, na Im still in the dark there

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Check out http://www.orientation.uts.edu.au/ for info on orientation. Also, some faculties like IT, Engineering and Law have orientation camps, which I highly recommend you go to, and that is pretty much your faculty orientation as well.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
biomic said:
booking a tour was part of the online enrollment .. as for the "O-Week" or Orientation stuff, na Im still in the dark there
Yeah but how do we know which 1?

I sorta want confirmation; don't want to turn up when im not supposed to!

EDIT: I, for some reason, am thinking that the tour is next week? Did I read it wrong (god I hope I did)!

Last edited:

Lucan\'

HSC
HELP!!

hey guys it sounds like the people here know what they're talking about..

I got into a b bus/ba in int studies and i've enrolled, got the email, everything..

thing is, how do i know which subjects to choose to put into my timetable?
There are so many...surely they aren't all on offer to me???

Man! Uni is so confusing......give me high school timetables anyday!

love some help, thanks

Niere

HSC
Jasee, in regards to filling out the timetable online, does this mean that once we have filled it in we will get those times? Or is it just to help us think about what we want before enrolment day (so we don't take forever deciding)?

Also, about the HECS form, it says to 'return to student admin at your higer education provider on or before the census date....provider may set an earlier date'
Is there a site that we can look at to see if an earlier date has been set? Is it a good idea to mail the form before enrolment day (to increase chances of getting HECS)?

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Lucan\' said:
HELP!!

hey guys it sounds like the people here know what they're talking about..

I got into a b bus/ba in int studies and i've enrolled, got the email, everything..

thing is, how do i know which subjects to choose to put into my timetable?
There are so many...surely they aren't all on offer to me???

Man! Uni is so confusing......give me high school timetables anyday!

love some help, thanks
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/bus/ug/c10020.html

This is the handbook page for the combined degree. When you do a degree combined with BA in Int Studies you don't start the Int studies bit until your second year. Basically when you go to enrol you will enrol in core business subjects i.e. Accounting For Business, Economics for Business, Marketing Foundations, Business Law and Ethics etc. Don't panic but, at enrollment they tell you everything you need to know and there's people there to help you - but read that handbook page so that you know what's going on.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
misscow said:
hey when every1 activated their e-mail did they get 3 e-mails
i am so scared that i did something wrong
no your right
yes u get 3 emails from them.
congratulations

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
goan_crazy said:
no your right
yes u get 3 emails from them.
congratulations
I didn't get any emails; what the hell did I do wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)