enrolled nursing at tafe (1 Viewer)

kezryn

HSC
hey everyone, i just finished year 12 and am about to do the hsc in like three weeks. do u reckon go straight to uni and do registered nursing or do enrolled for one year, is it worth it, like is enrolled nursing hard to get into? thanks

Adrian.

HSC
I'd apply for both. You have nothing to lose. Do you want to end up as an EN or a RN? If you want to be a RN then I don't see any point in doing 1 year of EN unless you don't get the UAI for RN.

Good luck.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
the majority of nurses I know are EN's, then become RN's.
If i were to do nursing, i would become an EN first, learn some, do some work etc, then go into uni as a mature age student and do the RN.
That way, one would already have experiance as a nurse, and it wont be so hard and so much of a shock when working in a hospital for practice.

What if you do your RN and then decide you dont like nursing?
Its your choice, but I reackon doing your En first would be a bit easier, and will give more of an insight as to what nursing is.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You wont loose anything by doing the ENs programme first - most Unis will give you one year credit anyway.

Uni isn't the best place for nursing, the best students are those with experience to go with the theory - theres nowhere near enough prac time.

I'm applying to Sydney South West after a year at Uni because I reckon it'd be better to not only get the experence but also because I have a qualification after a year and can work during my Uni study. SSWAHS is taking applications, if you go to NSW health and job search, they have a contact number, and Northern Sydney is doing the same. I'd say be a TEN, then go to Uni,.

psycho_angel73

nursing at uni

most unis do prvide all the necessary experience needed to work in a hospital plus you have the qualifications to be a registered nurse not just someone who watches them do their job.. do enrolled nursing if you dont get the uai but there are other ways of getting into uni..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)