Engo timetable question (1 Viewer)

wats

HSC
Can someone pls post a typical first year engineering timetable, just to see what I am getting myself into. Would be good if it was a real one, thanks in advance

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
Here's mine. 29 hours uni time, including 4 hours of breaks (although it's 3 hours less on a few weeks). In total, it is as Omie Jay said: I get between 22-25 hours of classes.

View attachment 20176

Also, see the link Ostentatious posted, as it contains a lot of engineering (and other courses) timetables.

Last edited:

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
Here's mine. 29 hours uni time, including 4 hours of breaks (although it's 3 hours less on a few weeks). In total, it is as Omie Jay said: I get between 22-25 hours of classes.

View attachment 20176

Also, see the link Ostentatious posted, as it contains a lot of engineering (and other courses) timetables.
Isn't there any way to separate those tight classes?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
how many hours per week would be for a combined engineering degree? still 22-25 hours cos of the extra year?
depends on what you're combining it with

also depends on what you are doing each sem, it varies

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
how many hours per week would be for a combined engineering degree? still 22-25 hours cos of the extra year?
what tommykins said.

also, you'll still be doing 4 subjects per sem (unless you wanna overload), so it just depends on the class hours for each subject, eg commerce subjects might have less class hours (i wouldnt know though, look up the courses in the handbook).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
oh ok thanks. so that could mean i potentially have less hours at uni than single engineering degree? (if commerce hours < engineering hours)
possibly. check the class hours, different courses have different hours. Some have 4hrs worth of lectures, 2hrs worth of labs, and 1hr worth of tutes per week, some have no labs and only lectures, depends on the course.

do you know if there is something like that for USYD as well?
dunno if usyd is as awesome as us :cool:

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
Just so you're aware, the timetable I posted is for a combined degree. As you can see, it doesn't really affect your times per week, as it all depends on what classes you actually do. I don't speak for experience (that timetable is for my first semester in university), but I'd assume that doing an Arts degree would mean classes with only 2-3 hours a week each or so (and correct me if I'm wrong), which would mean only about 15 hours per week.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Just so you're aware, the timetable I posted is for a combined degree. As you can see, it doesn't really affect your times per week, as it all depends on what classes you actually do. I don't speak for experience (that timetable is for my first semester in university), but I'd assume that doing an Arts degree would mean classes with only 2-3 hours a week each or so (and correct me if I'm wrong), which would mean only about 15 hours per week.
You should make your friday Math tute on Wednesday morning and move the physics tute on friday.

You'll probably not end up going to physics lectures n shit.

But i guess that's only if theres other physics tutes available.

untouchablecuz

HSC
this is mine (i just made it) if you're curious. the red parts are unavoidable =S

free day on tues and ill prob skip phys lecture on fri, woo!

tho i get home at like 9:30 on wednesday, but the 3 hour break makes up for it

Last edited:

henry08

HSC
N/A
Here is mine.
We share the same Physics tutorial...

henry08

HSC
N/A
If you are doing engineerig (other than software), go with ENGG1811.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hmmm not sure whether to pick ENGG1811 or COMP1911....any ideas?

but timetable atm is good, considering im only taking maths, phys, chem, computing :D
if you're doing mechatronic, or comp/eng, then go for comp1911 (it's harder than engg1811 and it involves C programming).

otherwise just go with engg1811 (vba i think, its easier), but if you like C programming and are good at it then there's no reason why u cant go with comp1911.

main thing is that comp1911 is ESSENTIAL with mechatronics and comp sci, i think comp sci students actually have to do comp1917..

untouchablecuz

HSC
if you're doing mechatronic, or comp/eng, then go for comp1911 (it's harder than engg1811 and it involves C programming).

otherwise just go with engg1811 (vba i think, its easier), but if you like C programming and are good at it then there's no reason why u cant go with comp1911.

main thing is that comp1911 is ESSENTIAL with mechatronics and comp sci, i think comp sci students actually have to do comp1917..
also if you do electrical you HAVE to do either COMP1911 or COMP1917 (COMP1911 being the easier course)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you won't be attending ur physics tute, i bet ya that

untouchablecuz

HSC
you won't be attending ur physics tute, i bet ya that
which one,

the physics lecture on friday? i definitely won't be attending that, tho i will attend the math tute that same day

edit: oh talking to other guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)