English (1 Viewer)

Scientist

HSC
Hey guy's i need some help. Out of all my assessments i have done in this 2014 HSC year through all my subjects. I have not passed any of my english assessments (69% in half yearlies). Biology i'm getting a band 6, chemistry i get 70-75% in assessments, maths i can pull of a 70%, and sor i can pull of a 80%. (so i'm not stupid). but all my english assessments i can't even pass. What am i doing wrong in English? I don't know. If anyone else is having the same situation comment below.

MrTammoth

HSC
Hey guy's i need some help. Out of all my assessments i have done in this 2014 HSC year through all my subjects. I have not passed any of my english assessments (69% in half yearlies). Biology i'm getting a band 6, chemistry i get 70-75% in assessments, maths i can pull of a 70%, and sor i can pull of a 80%. (so i'm not stupid). but all my english assessments i can't even pass. What am i doing wrong in English? I don't know. If anyone else is having the same situation comment below.
You're asian deal with it.

By the looks of it you're going to get a band 5 at least for english which won't be that detrimental towards your atar.

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
so ~70% is fail?

step back for OP then

seems like you're doing fine

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Wut.

69% is not a fail.

Do you know how hard it is to actually fail your HSC? You pretty much pass just by sitting your exams.

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Wut.

69% is not a fail.

Do you know how hard it is to actually fail your HSC? You pretty much pass just by sitting your exams.
yeah pretty much this. Even if you write your name on the paper and do the creative and guess some multiple choice you will pass. With like 40 atar but still pass

User5555555

HSC
69% is a fail? Then what are my 30 and 40%s?

Don't worry too much about English, focus on doing well and try get some motivation into doing English. Although my other subjects are bad, my English is actually quite good so if we have the same texts I can help you out.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I really recommend talking to your teacher about how you can improve with English. I found my problems was that analysis was too shallow or evidence wasn't good enough. Usually my ideas were there, but lol textual evidence ha ha ha. Go to your teacher first and if that's not helpful, see if you can seek help from your peers or others that are doing better.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
69% is a fail? Then what are my 30 and 40%s?

Don't worry too much about English, focus on doing well and try get some motivation into doing English. Although my other subjects are bad, my English is actually quite good so if we have the same texts I can help you out.
Your from the Fort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)