English Tutoring (1 Viewer)

case88

HSC
Hey guys,

I've got a thread lost in history around here somewhere, but just thought I'd post an updated one.

I did my HSC in 2006 and am offering tutoring services in English Advanced and Extension One (can also help out with Ext 2 and Ancient History, to a limited extent)

My marks were:
Advanced: 99/100
Extension One (crime fiction): 48/50
Extension Two: 47/50
Ancient History: 99/100

would be happy to discuss modules etc if you pm me or email me at kunal88@msn.com

Last edited:

kony

HSC
what was your rank for adv? (in state)

azziebess123456

HSC
I thought the top1-3 in the state for Advanced English weren't dong extension english, the same as how you cant top ext1 maths in the state if you do ext2 maths..

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
That's definitely not true. You're allowed to top Extension 1 Maths if you did Extension 2 Maths. I know for sure that both the people who topped Extension 1 Maths last year also did Extension 2 Maths. The person who topped Extension 2 Maths last year also came 3rd in the state for Extension 1 Maths.
This similarly applies for English. In fact if you check last year's state rankings for English (Advanced) and Extension courses, some names will appear in English (Advanced) and again in English Extension 1.

HSC
N/A
azziebess123456 said:
I thought the top1-3 in the state for Advanced English weren't dong extension english, the same as how you cant top ext1 maths in the state if you do ext2 maths..
LOL

i know the chick who topped ext 1 maths last year [2006]. SHE ALSO TOPPED EXT MUSIC!

and i know for sure that she got 94 in ext 2, but still got accepted into the talented students program (mathematics) at usyd!

shes an awesome person too!

Greta04

HSC
hey!
iv only jst joined this b.o.s thing so i hav no idea if im doing the right thing, btu i am in need of tutoring in english.
apparently my expression is whats letting me down, moreso then the stimulus and techniques im bringing in.
i will try to email u as well as this will probs never recah u, as i realli hav no idea where im sending this....
if u do knwo how, write me a msg, and where do u live????
i live on the norhtern beaches, i could probs go to u depending if ur in sydney,lol... if not i spose ill continue wiht my sisters help, she did well in ext 2 english a few yrs ago.
n e way, hope to hera from u!
oh and what school did u go to???
Greta
xoxo

case88

HSC
Hey Greta, I went to Girraween High School and live in Wentworthville. The northern beaches are probably going to be a little far away for me. I'm happy to meet up with you in the city, maybe at the State or Sydney Uni library?

Let me know via email.

case88

HSC
so, i'm not very active on this website, but just thought I'd update this ancient thread...

I'm still offering tutoring for English (Advanced) - yes, for the new syllabus.
I'm no longer working five days a week (refer to my original post), so am able to devote more time to my tutees.
Of course, what with the financial crisis and all, my rates have gone up a little :)
but they're still reasonable, considering i'm majoring in english at uni and will be starting my third year in 2009 (yes, i'm old, but please try and not mention it)

anyway, feel free to email/pm if you'd like to know more.

all the best.

case88

HSC
will probably prefer students who are available weekday afternoons/evenings, as my weekends are getting quite full. but feel free to enquire anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)