English Tutor Vs Self Learning ? (1 Viewer)

Anthoneeyz

HSC
Hi, for English (standard), is it more effective to attend a tutor or self learn with the help with teachers at school ?
I'm currently attending an English tutor and the method the teacher uses I personally find ineffective. Is this due to the teacher or is it just the nature of English (as in it is hard to be taught) ?

All input is appreciated :)

HSC
If you need help in English, a tutor is extremely effective imo. Maybe find another one if you're not happy with your current one? Try the BOS classified section.

jess186

HSC
depends.
I'm good at english I personally don't like a tutor, I'm used to how my teachers explain and how I study in my own time.
Getting a tutor however does stop you from procrastinating.
If you're teachers are willing to help you out and you're confident with youself then do that.
But if you need help stick to a tutor. If you aren't understanding change.
You need a tutor you understand and learn from.

nightweaver066

HSC
I didn't find my tutor useful. They just taught material but only really dipped in to essay writing and answering questions.

I had an abundance of resources for my texts so i knew all i had left to do was to practice essay writing and just get better at it.

Luckily, my teacher would mark all my essays i handed in providing feedback so that helped immensely. For me, self-learning proved to be extremely helpful, whereas i found my tuition classes to be a waste of time.

So really, it depends on what you need/want. Look for a tutor that can help you and try them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)