English - The Simple Gift - Speech (1 Viewer)

loong21

HSC
I am trying to write my speech (Area of study - Belonging, Prescribed text - The Simple Gift) but I have no idea what point I am trying to make in it. Also I still haven't chosen a related text (suitable for the simple gift)! I have kind of written my introduction, so far without mentioning my related text(s), but the second paragraph is just fucking with my head! So here are my questions..
a) What is a good related text for the simple gift?
b) What is my second, third, etc; paragraph(s) trying to prove (particularly my second)?
c) What would be a good anecdote (for instance I was thinking of using Martin Luther Kings speech 'I have a dream' and how he strives for belonging) but that might be too cliche!?
Thankyou, stressing!

Web Addict

HSC
I feel sorry for you. I did The Simple Gift and there are barely any resources on it.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Don't worry about anything being "cliché". There are heaps of texts on belonging that you can relate to 'The Simple Gift'. Maybe try looking for a song or book about belonging that you like. All of your paragraphs should be trying to prove whatever your thesis is. Here is the structure I use and the information I place in it:

Introduction
*Thesis
*Texts and composers and text types
*Techniques

Body (all paragraphs the same layout)
*Guess what? - Technique
*Prove it! - Examples
*So what? - Link back to thesis (how does it help prove that you are right?)

Conclusion
*Techniques
*Texts and composers and text types
*Thesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)