English Preprations (1 Viewer)

Best way to memorise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ami8000

HSC
What is the best way to remember an English essay and creative story?

I try just reading, memorizing then writing. Paragraph at a time. Hook me up with what you guys do...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Read, read, read, read, read, read then write, write and finally read :)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I suck with english, but for memorizing.. umm.. I usually read over what I need to memorize once, then read it 2 paragraphs at a time and try to write it down from what I can remember, works like a charm! Once I memorize stuff this way, it stays in my memory for a long long time!!!! also what ever I miss out on while writing it down, I just read over the paragraphs again and then write it down untill I get it perfect

ami8000

HSC
I suck with english, but for memorizing.. umm.. I usually read over what I need to memorize once, then read it 2 paragraphs at a time and try to write it down from what I can remember, works like a charm! Once I memorize stuff this way, it stays in my memory for a long long time!!!! also what ever I miss out on while writing it down, I just read over the paragraphs again and then write it down untill I get it perfect
thats what i am doing
but i gotta find time for physics simultaneously and my English essay on belonging :|

Aplus

HSC
N/A
For essays:
Know your text/s inside out. Memorise as many quotes/techniques/contextual information/etc. as you can. You do this by constantly drafting, planning, writing and rewriting practice essays to the point that everything you need is already in your head and all you need to do is to draw them out and use them where appropriate. As for memorising actual essays, I would advise against it. You must answer the essay question, you must learn to be flexible and you must not just use a generic essay.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thats what i am doing
but i gotta find time for physics simultaneously and my English essay on belonging :|
If only English was NOT compulsory!! lol (sorry to the english lovers) :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)