English Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
How was mod c structured lol? Sounds quite interesting.

notme123

HSC
How was mod c structured lol? Sounds quite interesting.
They gave an extract about absorbing things and feeling alive from a social gathering or something.

a) explain how personal fulfillment is expressed by the author, make reference to at least one language device (5 marks)

b) creative or discursive based on a shared experience which brings a sense of fulfillment (15 marks)

jordan c:

HSC
I do tempest and hagseed too - I just focalised the metatheatrical discussion and the idea of “servile” characters they gave- no specific analysis on Ariel prepared.
Is postcolonialism a vital topic to talk about for the question? A lot of people in my class said it is, but I'm not too sure

tgone

HSC
Is postcolonialism a vital topic to talk about for the question? A lot of people in my class said it is, but I'm not too sure
that was part of my analysis, and I, just like the people in your class are probably justifying it because it was all we had prepared, but I do think it was actually necessary, because in terms of the 'collisions' and the discussion of 'good servant' and 'bad servant' seemed to imply Caliban more than it did Ariel considering his centrality to the 'conversation'.

That beings said, focusing solely on the colonialism dissonance probably wouldn't get them very far unless that also included meta-analysis

edit: I should be very clear, they try and make the question have multiple entry points so if you feel your argument answered the question but differently to them, that isn't an issue - there are plenty of routes you could take with the question.

jordan c:

HSC
that was part of my analysis, and I, just like the people in your class are probably justifying it because it was all we had prepared, but I do think it was actually necessary, because in terms of the 'collisions' and the discussion of 'good servant' and 'bad servant' seemed to imply Caliban more than it did Ariel considering his centrality to the 'conversation'.

That beings said, focusing solely on the colonialism dissonance probably wouldn't get them very far unless that also included meta-analysis

edit: I should be very clear, they try and make the question have multiple entry points so if you feel your argument answered the question but differently to them, that isn't an issue - there are plenty of routes you could take with the question.
Oooh right... Sadly our class didn't do much analysis of Caliban and Ariel, so though I did talk about the servile nature of things, I kind of shifted that to the portrayal of women on a metatheatrical level too and then tied it in with dissonating perspectives. I also did try to tie it in with all the transformative stuff and revenge with the perspective of the postmodern individual and the Jacobean ideal of virtue... Oh I should've done postcolonialism!

But mod b and c was a blast!

vishnay

God
HSC
this year was so easy to memorise lol

makes me feel like hsc english will never be hard to memorise for just bc they have to make the questions easy enough for everyone to answer

how did everyone find paper 2 btw? easy or hard?

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Mod A:
--> q was super easy to answer. Including the extract was somewhat a challenge for me, cos I did not really use the evidence in any of my exemplars before. But I made do with it

Mod B:
--> Easy pezy. Legit zero adaptation for TS Eliot poems, since the q legit targeted the core conceptual theme of the textual body

Mod C:
--> unique structure of questions. Did not anticipate it. For part (a), I remember doing two stylistic features, but my response came about to a page and a half anyways
---> Part b was legit easy pezy. However, I just regret spending too much time for Mod A and Mod B such that I did not get enough time to do this part. However, managed like 5 to 6 pages for mod c in total and bout 7ish pages for mod a and mod b...

Overall, pretty good exam!

c00lbe4n

HSC
does anyone know what the keats extracts were (mod A)
excerpt from screenplay and a screenie of Brawne looking at Keats?????

Brawne: You know, it amazes me you can sit opposite Mr. Brown all day. I've never heard him say one thing of wit. Not one.
Keats: You favor wit?
Brawne: I rate it the highest.
Keats: You like the fashionables?
Brawne: Yes, I do.
Keats: Men who say things that make you start without making you feel?
Brawne: Things that are amusing.
Keats: I know these dandies.

notme123

HSC
excerpt from screenplay and a screenie of Brawne looking at Keats?????

Brawne: You know, it amazes me you can sit opposite Mr. Brown all day. I've never heard him say one thing of wit. Not one.
Keats: You favor wit?
Brawne: I rate it the highest.
Keats: You like the fashionables?
Brawne: Yes, I do.
Keats: Men who say things that make you start without making you feel?
Brawne: Things that are amusing.
Keats: I know these dandies.
i can not english rn I dont get what this extract is saying. the eve extract last year was better because it was one of my mains but if i got this id be slight lost. maybe cuz i didnt watch the movie 🤫

whatdoiputhere

HSC
Aside from that Mod A could not have given a better question for Plath and Hughes, A Picture of Otto was deadass the only poem I didnt remember quotes for and it was the extract

King Henry in Mod B was pretty ick with the dishonour thing but it wasn't so bad actually

Mod C I have very low standards literally anything but discursive wrote about the end of WW1 or some shit

jdng

HSC
Aside from that Mod A could not have given a better question for Plath and Hughes, A Picture of Otto was deadass the only poem I didnt remember quotes for and it was the extract

King Henry in Mod B was pretty ick with the dishonour thing but it wasn't so bad actually

Mod C I have very low standards literally anything but discursive wrote about the end of WW1 or some shit
I did not expect honour and dishonour cos its such a simple theme

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Seems like scaling will have less of an effect this year for English?

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
broooo i only wrote 2 like devices/techniques for that five marker.. I'm done for
nah dw, it said "atleast one" and when NESA say that, they mean that its possible with one. Tbf many ppl did like a common mod unseen, but I felt depth was more important than plain TEE sentences. Thas why I did two as well I think, to accommodate the justification of the composer's creative choices!

notme123

HSC
Seems like scaling will have less of an effect this year for English?
how would you compare to 2021? I think they're pretty on par tbh. difficulty in English isn't easily measured but nothing extraordinary in either year. i think 2019 has been the only challenging year, especially considering the syllabus was new and wasn't fully understood (e.g. loneliness 1984 question was taken as unfair because the majority of people didn't consider the human experiences in the book and stuck to general themes like power)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I promised my class id shit on my paper if they gave us a forced discursive so the exam was pretty good since im not on national television
is it bad was lowkey hoping that yall would get a forced discursive or something because it could have lowered the chance of my cohort getting it next year (for legal reasons this is (mostly) a joke)

one year from now if class of 23 does get a discursive only i'm just gonna walk out of the exam

but well done on the class of 22 for finishing english!!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
how would you compare to 2021? I think they're pretty on par tbh. difficulty in English isn't easily measured but nothing extraordinary in either year. i think 2019 has been the only challenging year, especially considering the syllabus was new and wasn't fully understood (e.g. loneliness 1984 question was taken as unfair because the majority of people didn't consider the human experiences in the book and stuck to general themes like power)
Yeah I think it’s pretty on par with 2021. I do think that 2022 paper is still a little easier than 2021. Also from paper 1, I think 2022 unseen was a lot easier than 2021 but I can’t fully remember the 2021 paper now (also got some bias lol)

Featurefilm24

HSC
random question but does anyone remember how many pages they gave us for each question? I'm trying to remember how many pages I used. Was it 8 in the booklet and then 3 in the extra paper? If so i think I somehow managed 11 pages for Mod A (nah that can't be right).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)