English Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
I'm just curious as to what the essay question was. Our essay question we got last year was:

How effectively does your prescribed text tell stories to reveal both the personal and shared nature of human experiences?

So I jus wanted to know whether this year's question was more generic or more specific than this?

DarkOperator618

HSC
I'm just curious as to what the essay question was. Our essay question we got last year was:

How effectively does your prescribed text tell stories to reveal both the personal and shared nature of human experiences?

So I jus wanted to know whether this year's question was more generic or more specific than this?
more broader

Luke322

HSC

The question was Analyse the ways in which individuals respond to the challenges they face

nini.nico

HSC

it was more broader
if i remember the question went something like this - analyse how your prescribed texts shows characters or something like what when they face a challenge

HSC

Our question this year didn't even include like rubric terms it was like how do individuals deal with like challenges or sum shit

Luke322

HSC
In reading tasks, if you just put in a shit ton of rubric words should be good

nini.nico

HSC
ok but thats not as broad sorry i want to argue against that

it focalised on the INDIVIDUAL which made it difficult to connect to the COLLECTIVE IMO
yea ur right
ig the ease of the question depends on the text people had
it wasn’t bad for me bc i found the crucible to relate to the question pretty well

vishnay

God
HSC
ok but thats not as broad sorry i want to argue against that

it focalised on the INDIVIDUAL which made it difficult to connect to the COLLECTIVE IMO
not if u manipulate ur ideas slightly

at least for my text it was fine

icycledough

HSC
The question was Analyse the ways in which individuals respond to the challenges they face
I guess that's very broad as it doesn't require you to focus on a specific theme or anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)