English, Modern History, Visual Arts Tutoring - 99.55ATAR, Extended Eastern Suburbs (1 Viewer)

tongrd

HSC
Offering tutoring for English Advanced, Extension 1, Modern History and Visual Arts.
EDIT: Also offering tutoring for 2U and 3U Maths.

Primarily I am an English tutor - I achieved a 99.55 ATAR with 96/100ENA, 48/50ENX and 48/50 HIX (included a 2000 word essay), however I also got 92/100 for MOD, 97/100 2U Maths, 92/100 3U Maths, 93/100 4U Maths, and 96/100 VA and am offering tutoring if needed.

A bit about me first - Graduated in 2010, now studying Veterinary Science on a scholarship at the University of Sydney. As a tutor I am somewhat more balanced that the typical tutor - I place emphasis on both learning and knowledge as well as communication and technique. Without adequate technique, endless amounts of knowledge are wasted and forgotten. I am able to offer tutoring in person or online, for each subject please see the separate sections:

I tutor for $25-35 depending on the area, and am offering to an extended Eastern Suburbs region from Vaucluse to Paddington, La Perouse, and Mascot. Any interested please contact me through a PM, email at ronald_tong@hotmail.com or call/txt 0439003411.

English
The modules I did were Blade Runner/Frankenstein, Yeats, and Julius Caesar. These are extremely popular modules, and as a tutor I am able to offer tried and tested notes, essay responses, and experience. I am an excellent listener and will tailor tutoring to students - I work with strengths and weaknesses, building on foundations to develop a strong and unique writing style and confidence with reading and writing tasks. Many believe the information tutors provide is the most important, though I place emphasis upon writing style and technique, as it is these tools that will ultimately communicate an understanding to the examiners. Furthermore, I will be able to provide insights into exam and study technique - coming from a recent graduate this information should be taken in by any student. Finally, I offer essay marking for those in need, with an efficient system online.

Modern History

Modules completed - WWI, Soviet Union, Conflict in the Pacific. The most important aspect of Modern History is Essay Writing. I will help you develop you style to become efficient and effective, with a perfect balance of information, addressing the question, counter points, and use of historians. The perfect history essay is hard to write, and I will help you work towards it - your teachers can tell you about all the events and important facts you need, but eventually you will have to write it down in essay form.

Visual Arts

Slightly less common, but I am offering 'tutoring' in Visual Arts mainly as a film maker/photographer. Any undertaking Visual Arts in these fields feel free to approach me, I did get 96/100 for VA and my Major Work was bought for $300 (meagre, but quite substantial for a uni student). I will be able to help refine your work, showing you some new effects and techniques you may not have known, and provide a fresh look on your project. For those struggling to find an idea for a BoW I can also help out.

If you're looking for help with coursework and theory I can help with that aspect too. Again a lot of VA theory is about writing style, you need to effectively divide and write according to the question - I can help you in this regard, also providing concise notes (The VA theory exam only requires a certain breadth and depth of knowledge - I believe I have the perfect set of notes)

Maths

Maths tutoring for any 2U and 3U students. I did 4U and have a good understanding of all topics included, basically as a maths tutor I will explain the problems you can't solve, provide questions and past papers to do, and give you tips on exam technique. I have over 100 Maths past trial and HSC exam papers.

Last edited:

scardizzle

Salve!
HSC
Re: English, Modern History, Visual Arts Tutoring - 99.55ATAR, Extended Eastern Subur

This guy would pick up the soap from the shower floor in a prison for you. He is dedicated, committed and knows his stuff I would definitely pm him if you're looking to lift up your marks!

El_Juego

HSC
Re: English, Modern History, Visual Arts Tutoring - 99.55ATAR, Extended Eastern Subur

I have never seen a person who has kept such organised and in-depth notes before. If you're looking for a guy who knows his stuff, then look no more. Tongrd is a dedicated and tenacious person who will help you to the best of your ability, so contact him before he's gone!

studybuddy09

HSC

I'll keep it simple. As a peer of tongrd, I have personally experienced his passion and skill for helping others in their academic work. It's rare to find a bloke like this to tutor you.

tongrd

HSC

buuuuuummmpppp

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

NOVICE!!!! Baker. Good times.

tongrd

HSC

still trying to work out who you are jm01...

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

Btw, this "NOVICE" thing is an inside joke. You'd only understand it if you were taught by the state's best maths teacher ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)