English Mark? (1 Viewer)

Boz_87

HSC
Hey guys im just wondering if i can somehow salvage my English mark from the trainwreck it has become.

Module A assesment: 15% 14/15
Journeys speech: 10% 12/20
Half yearly: 15% 30/45
Module B assesment 15% 9/20

Overall i work that out as 62% so far with another assesment and the trial left. I was ranked 6th in yr 11 and before the last assesment was 29th. I'm looking for a 95+ UAI can i still achieve this? Thnaks in advance

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well you really should be getting int he 70s at least as a raw mark. i know thats what im trying to do...to get it over 70. im on 68%, with one assessment yet to be decided since it got lost.

however, in your situation, i would advise that you should do well in your next assessment. the trial, since is composed of so many marks, it wont make much difference to your rank (this is even if the ranks are very close togather or you become top 5, since you are so close together)

Lennie

Boz_87 said:
Hey guys im just wondering if i can somehow salvage my English mark from the trainwreck it has become.

Module A assesment: 15% 14/15
Journeys speech: 10% 12/20
Half yearly: 15% 30/45
Module B assesment 15% 9/20

Overall i work that out as 62% so far with another assesment and the trial left. I was ranked 6th in yr 11 and before the last assesment was 29th. I'm looking for a 95+ UAI can i still achieve this? Thnaks in advance

Of course you can still get 95+ (assuming your other subjects are awesome)

But just remember, it isnt over yet. the HSC exams will always count for 50% :eek:

A l

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
50? isnt the hsc WORTH 30%? fuck....they are worth 50%?
Your Internal Assessment Marks (i.e. marks from your school) make up 50% of your final HSC mark and your External Assessment Marks (i.e. HSC examination) make up the other 50% of your final HSC mark.

Lennie

miss_gtr said:
crap...!...... that sucks.
Yeah is horribly unfair in my opinion, but thats the way the cookie crumbles :uhhuh:

I guess its good for people like me who need to believe that there is still some sort of hope.

Boz_87

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
Of course you can still get 95+ (assuming your other subjects are awesome)

But just remember, it isnt over yet. the HSC exams will always count for 50% :eek:
Yeh well im top 10 in Chemistry, 4 unit and 3 unti maths and economics. Im just worried it might drag it down.

Lennie

A bad english mark probably will drag you down, which is why you need good marks in your other subjects.
I think its been established that its possible to get a UAI of 100 with a 70 in one subject :uhhuh:

HSC
We still one assessment to get back, one to hand in, plus the trial... that's 60% of our assessment weighting unknown at the moment.. is that bad? Or normal?

tennille

HSC
DementedDonkey said:
We still one assessment to get back, one to hand in, plus the trial... that's 60% of our assessment weighting unknown at the moment.. is that bad? Or normal?
That's normal. My trial was weighted at about 30% I think (or 40%). Then you still have 2 assesments to hand in.

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Your raw marks don't matter... It's ranks that count in the school assessments. The higher the rank at the end, the higher the mark you'll end up with after moderation from the HSC exam.
If you come third in school assessment overall, you'll get the third highest mark from the kids doing the subject at your school in the HSC exam as your moderated school assessmnet mark. And you'll get your mark in the HSC exam as your HSC exam mark.
For example, i came 1st in engineering studies last year, got 88 in the exam, and 96 as my moderated school assessment as my mate got 96 and was the highest mark from our school. So i got like 92 overall.

tennille

HSC
L45er said:
Your raw marks don't matter... It's ranks that count in the school assessments. The higher the rank at the end, the higher the mark you'll end up with after moderation from the HSC exam.
If you come third in school assessment overall, you'll get the third highest mark from the kids doing the subject at your school in the HSC exam as your moderated school assessmnet mark. And you'll get your mark in the HSC exam as your HSC exam mark.
For example, i came 1st in engineering studies last year, got 88 in the exam, and 96 as my moderated school assessment as my mate got 96 and was the highest mark from our school. So i got like 92 overall.
Don't forget that raw marks determine what rank you are :p :)

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
Tennille said:
Don't forget that raw marks determine what rank you are :p :)
True, but if you end up with 60/100 raw and come 2nd, there's nothing wrong with that. Who's to say that your school didn't set harder assessments than others, and hence the reason it is moderated off the exam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)