English Extension HSC Question (1 Viewer)

trashscavenger

HSC
Hi guys. I just entered Year 12 and I am studying English Extension 1. Today I watched the Five Nights At Freddy’s movie and it honestly almost made me cry. I know it sounds silly, but when I was depressed (not that long ago) watching Markiplier play FNAF and obsessing over MattPatt’s theories was the only thing that kept me going. Please do not make fun. I subsequently became hyper fixated and now know a ton of the FNAF lore. My extension teacher informed me that we would be studying the ‘Reimagined Worlds’ elective. So, I’d just like to ask, do you guys think the FNAF movie would be a good related text? I could honestly analyse it in depth but I don’t know if it really meets the criteria.

Rattlehead15

HSC
Hi guys. I just entered Year 12 and I am studying English Extension 1. Today I watched the Five Nights At Freddy’s movie and it honestly almost made me cry. I know it sounds silly, but when I was depressed (not that long ago) watching Markiplier play FNAF and obsessing over MattPatt’s theories was the only thing that kept me going. Please do not make fun. I subsequently became hyper fixated and now know a ton of the FNAF lore. My extension teacher informed me that we would be studying the ‘Reimagined Worlds’ elective. So, I’d just like to ask, do you guys think the FNAF movie would be a good related text? I could honestly analyse it in depth but I don’t know if it really meets the criteria.
Unfortunately the markers are quite picky about the text you choose. I would advise you only choose a text that is highly regarded in the literary canon/a classic text. This is the marking centre feedback from one of the HSC extension 1 exams:
a.PNG
While I'm not calling the fnaf movie a children's film (although for the most part it probably is) or juvenile, the HSC marker will definitely beg to differ. They will probably mark you down heavily for using a video-game oriented children's movie when everyone else is using some of the greatest pieces of literature ever written (again, I'm not saying the fnaf movie isn't, that is subjective but the HSC marker will definitely not think so). As fun as it would be and as important to you as the franchise is, I would advise against it. I was thinking about using some of my favourite songs that I love and can relate to Worlds of Upheaval, as second relateds just in case they asked for two relateds, but read somewhere that you should only use songs if you know music theory rather than just reciting the lyrics. I know barely anything about musical composition and theory haha so I had to say goodbye to that idea.

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
absolutely not sorry. tbh dont recommend doing films as they can be hard to analyse and dont have that level of sophistication

jim123er4tyhjh

HSC
absolutely not sorry. tbh dont recommend doing films as they can be hard to analyse and dont have that level of sophistication
I did everything everywhere all at once 2022 for reimagined worlds, and i think doing a film is definitely okay, as long as you are analysing the form and film techniques, that ensure you have a good understanding of the form itself. Having a range of forms imo is actually better as it shows that you have an understanding of a broader range of text types, and how the operate in your elective. It worked out pretty good for me so I wouldn't advise against doing a film, but probably not an animated one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)