English Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

lolwhatever

HSC
Is it really that challenging? Easier than Extension 1?

I don't think I'm doing so well with extension 1 but I would really want to extension 2 because I'm really interested in film projects. But I don't even know if I could get accepted in and I have no idea what to do anymore.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is it really that challenging? Easier than Extension 1?

I don't think I'm doing so well with extension 1 but I would really want to extension 2 because I'm really interested in film projects. But I don't even know if I could get accepted in and I have no idea what to do anymore.
Uhh, it's as challenging as you want it to be. If you want to do no work and just write some crap story that you thought of one day and do nothing else - you can. If you want to intensely research your topic and make some very factually based and informed text that is within the confines of the genre you selected - you can.

Just tell your school you want to do it.

lolwhatever

HSC
LOL thanks! I really do want to put my all into it.
I was actually thinking of the subjects: 3u English, 2u maths, modern, history extension, business and legal. I don't really want to do legal but since I'm not as confident in English extension 1, I was going to do it just in case.

Should I submit my subject choices without legal? I'm still mainly worried about English extension 1....

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you don't want to do Legal, don't do it. Some people do EX1 as a 'necessary sacrifice' to do EX2.

lolwhatever

HSC
Ohhhhh okay, I think I will choose it then! Thank you so much for your advice! :D

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
KEEP LEGAL! I think you need a back up. It hasn't really hindered my performance so far to have a back up.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey fellow 2012er,

I'm thinking of doing EE2-not sure what subject to drop (wouldn't want to do 14u). It's prob out of Modern or Economics.

Laurac-z

HSC
It's totally different then ext 1. Were as ext 1 is more essays based, ext 2 is just a creative major work with a couple assesments about it. Film project? Thats what I'm doing currently sounds great! Its up to you whether you want to do ext 2 and I say go for it, doesnt matter about what your getting in ext 1 as there different styles. I would suggest having back up subjects if your not confident. hope this helps :)

Laurac-z

HSC
This is to LoveHateSchool. Yes I would say the one your not that intrested in and don't spend as much time on or are getting the worst marks on. On the other hand modern is a VERY demanding subject and alot to remember, (not many band 6's are achieved)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Shadowdude, I intermittently switch dislike in between them.

I do slightly better in Modern than Economics though-see how the yearlies go and that will probably decide it for me. Modern is very content heavy, but economics is too I reckon. I'm lucky to have a good memory though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you do better in Modern, then probably drop Econ.

HSC
English ext 2 all depends on how hard you want to work for it. i sort of neglected my MW for term 1 and now i feeling the pressure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)