English Extension 2 kids? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
I am cause i love the idea of being able to write about something that i want too. Not what is expected or neeeded.

its a freedom that you don't get very often in the HSC + there is no exam which is a bonus.

tpeet

HSC
Finished Ext 2 a few weeks ago. :)
Advice for u guys:
Work hard during Christmas holidays and aim to get it finished as soon as possible!
It is a great subject with freedom and you can really have a lot of fun with it.
So go for it and remember work hard and get it finished!!!
:)

eblay22

HSC
N/A
Im doing Extension 2! It is conveyed as difficult but i am willing to give it a go, just the freedom of writing exhilarates me.

Subjects for 2009:
Chemistry
English advanced
english ext 1
english ext 2
modern history
ext history
Visual arts!

beve

Jesus
HSC
marcquelle said:
I am cause i love the idea of being able to write about something that i want too. Not what is expected or neeeded.

its a freedom that you don't get very often in the HSC + there is no exam which is a bonus.
yeah! just not sure whether to take it in with 10 units or 12..

oh well..

cant wait =)

5233andy

HSC
Initially, I had no intention at all, in terms of signing up for EE2. But... surprisingly, my EE1 teacher recommends it, but we'll just have to see how my EE1 results go.

If I do end up with EE2, I'd probably compose an analytical essay on blah.

worbonom

HSC
I am.

It sounds fun and interesting and less stressful than other subjects.

Elly!

HSC
i'm thinking about it. i want to. but that means i'll have to drop a subject, coz they wont let you do 14 units...
and that means i'll have to drop something i'm doing (scarily) well in (biology - how the hell did i manage to get 100% in that assignment?), or something i'm really enjoying ( music and drama :) ) . [not allowed to drop math or french beginners...]

also, my friend currently in year 12 did extension english, and she was so stressed towards the end.,...do i really need that?

wanting to write tho

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Elly! said:
i'm thinking about it. i want to. but that means i'll have to drop a subject, coz they wont let you do 14 units...
and that means i'll have to drop something i'm doing (scarily) well in (biology - how the hell did i manage to get 100% in that assignment?), or something i'm really enjoying ( music and drama ) . [not allowed to drop math or french beginners...]

also, my friend currently in year 12 did extension english, and she was so stressed towards the end.,...do i really need that?

wanting to write tho
"they" - as in your school

eliseliselise

HSC
i ticked the box as some kind of impulse decision... i like stress, reading and english, & i have a pretty vivid idea of what the literary monster i shall give birth to next year shall look like.. no exam, too!! cha cha!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Planning on using Star Wars to analyse the criticisms of democracy and the political structures of society, along with the tragedy of the individual, and the concept of fate/destiny controlling our lives (Anakin, was the chosen one. Yes, he fucked up, but in the end, he did destroy the Sith.).

beve

Jesus
HSC
Aplus said:
Planning on using Star Wars to analyse the criticisms of democracy and the political structures of society, along with the tragedy of the individual, and the concept of fate/destiny controlling our lives (Anakin, was the chosen one. Yes, he fucked up, but in the end, he did destroy the Sith.).
sounds interesting.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I'm definitley doing it next year.
And i told my teacher i wanted to do Poetry, but he was like BLEHH DON'T YOU'LL GET BAD MARKS.

but im still doing it.

freaksoutalot

HSC
alex.leon said:
I'm definitley doing it next year.
And i told my teacher i wanted to do Poetry, but he was like BLEHH DON'T YOU'LL GET BAD MARKS.

but im still doing it.
yeah dont do it, "teenagers are not capable of writing poetry, all they make are song lyrics" its a quote from my english adv n ext teacher, its silly to do poetry for assessments, keep it in your diary for yourself.

funkynochi

HSC
im sticking to eng ext1. imagine the competition..competing with some people who want to become writers O_O.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
freaksoutalot said:
yeah dont do it, "teenagers are not capable of writing poetry, all they make are song lyrics" its a quote from my english adv n ext teacher, its silly to do poetry for assessments, keep it in your diary for yourself.
Any poetry for Extension 2 English has to be epic and long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)