English Extension 2 + AOS and EE1 Creative Writing Tutoring (1 Viewer)

gorgo31

HSC
I am offering an online based tutoring service comprising of email, MSN (phone if required) feedback for the English Extension 2 course and creative writing pieces for English Advanced Area of Study and English Extension 1. I am a very dedicated and passionate writer, and I am fortunate to have this reflected in successes in many competitions, as published in the Sun Herald - http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/11/12/1131578272648.html

In 2006, I will be studying for a Bachelor of Creative Arts at the University of Melbourne, and thus face to face tutoring would be impossible. However, I would like to pass on what I have learnt from writing within these courses to new HSC students. My 2005 UAI was 98.55. For English Advanced, I received 89/100. For English Extension 1 I received 47/50 and for English Extension 2 I received 49/50.

In English Advanced, I am willing to proof, edit, review and suggest ideas for thematic and structural changes to stories within the scope of Area of Study. I can give insights into different perspectives of Journeys, and advise on how to create a well-rounded response that fits syllabus requirements and transcends cliches. I can also give preparation strategies on how best to use visual stimuli given in exams.

Creative writing is an essential element of the Extension 1 course, making up 50% of the HSC examination mark. In English Extension 1, I am willing to proof, edit, review and suggest ideas for thematic and structural changes within the scope of the Genre Study of Crime Fiction. I can give ideas on how to reflect the values, concerns and conventions of Crime Fiction within a piece of Creative writing, and how to do so with flair and originality. Also, I can give strategies on dealing with challenging visual stimuli within examinations, as can be seen in the HSC 2005 paper.

English Extension 2 is a course I am particularly familiar with, and enjoyed the challenge of in 2005. I would like to mentor students, particularly those writing scripts or screenplays, on how best to formulate their ideas and concepts within the course framework. I can also advise on how to approach internal assessments by reviewing Proposals, Viva-voce technique, Reports and the final Reflection Statement. I am happy to read and suggest changes to the work, and offer advice on content, structure, themes, originality and its overall creative direction.

For all of the above, I can also give advice on how to purposefully and realistically construct dialogue. I have had a play professionally produced by the Sydney Theatre Company as a result of winning the Young Playwright of the Year Award, and both the actors and director I worked with commended me on my ability to create subtle, effective dialogue.

So how will this work? I am proposing to proof, review and suggest ideas for changes to works for AOS and English Extension 1 at a flat rate of $15 a piece. You email your work to me, and I give you a full response within three working days. This fee includes an email of feedback, tracked changes in your document and suggestions for future works. It also includes MSN correspondence if you have any questions and want to discuss things further. I will not, however, be re-writing your work. Realistically, this process constitutes one hour of work, if not more for me, and I feel the fee is very fair.

English Extension 2 represents more of an ongoing committment, and I am willing to discuss fees on an individual basis. However, the amount should not be much more than an hours work on an individual piece of AOS or EE1 writing.

Fees can be paid via direct bank deposit (if you have internet banking and a savings account), by cheque or simply mailed as well-disguised cash to a NSW address. If it becomes viable, I might consider accepting PayPal too. Anyone interested, just PM me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)