English EXT2 Help (1 Viewer)

iMiraj

HSC
Hey guys; I'm thinking of doing English Ext 2 for next year; but I want to get some of my HSC material done asap (because in year 11, basically its the knowledge and concepts that count, not the hw, or assignment mark, etc.)

So are there any things that can vary or do all schools do the same thing in the course? :(

I have no idea what the course is like; any links to syllabus? I cant find it on BoS (govt. website)

nmbookworm

HSC
ok dude the info in the syllabus basically lays out what criteria your supposed to follow depending on the medium you choose.

So before you do anything else, decide on what kinda thing you'd like to present. A short story? A speech? A short film, etc. If one of these is your strength then go with your strength, don't decide to 'mix it up in' your HSC year. So for me, I'm doing a speech because I find them easy. You might like stories better, whatever.

Once you've got medium, decide what you'd like to actually talk/write/film. MAKE IT UNIQUE AND SOMETHING INTERESTING. For example Im doing a speech that Hannibal (the general) might have delivered to his soldiers just before the battle of Cannae in 221 BC, but that's because I love history and battles. Figure out what you love to read about and stuff and then innovate on things you've seen out there.

Also, for some inspiration check out the English Extension 2 Major Works in the resource section so you get an idea of the scope of the work involved.

Hope that helps

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If your school has the Young Writers Showcase books then I suggest having a look at those.

The course doesn't change on a school-to-school basis, but rather, on an individual basis depending on what you choose to do for your major work. The only thing that's really different in each school may be the assessments but even those are pretty standard (check out the stickied threads in the Ext.2 forum).

The entire HSC English Syllabus is available online at the Board of Studies:
http://boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/english_syl.pdf

Scroll down to page 92 for the Extension 2 Course, it basically outlines all of the work required, the limits, the outcomes and expectations, etc. - so you can basically get a pretty good idea of what's expected of you by reading it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)