english ext raw scaling (1 Viewer)

forgotten_dark

HSC
hey I know that there is a similar thread, but it generally talked about people taking it just for the sake of scaling...that is not what I wanna talk about. I took eng ext purely because I love it. But I was just wondering out of curiosity whether the raw marks scale up much, coz I know in maths ext and stuff that raw scores of about 75-80% (sometimes less) scale up to band E4. Do u think that a raw score of say 43 or 44 out of 50 would scale up to E4 in ext 1 eng? and dont say "its different every year" and all that, I know that, but I just wanna know generally based on previous years...or do u think it would pretty much be what u get is what u get in eng ext?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
forgotten_dark said:
hey I know that there is a similar thread, but it generally talked about people taking it just for the sake of scaling...that is not what I wanna talk about. I took eng ext purely because I love it. But I was just wondering out of curiosity whether the raw marks scale up much, coz I know in maths ext and stuff that raw scores of about 75-80% (sometimes less) scale up to band E4. Do u think that a raw score of say 43 or 44 out of 50 would scale up to E4 in ext 1 eng? and dont say "its different every year" and all that, I know that, but I just wanna know generally based on previous years...or do u think it would pretty much be what u get is what u get in eng ext?
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=716466&postcount=1
That post has all the known information on English Extension 1 band cut-offs

stargaze

HSC
Whoa.. Limited evidence but in 2001 .. 34/50 aligned to a 45/50 (E4) --> thats quite promising!

I know that isnt much to go by, since 2001 seems to have really low highest band cut-offs. However, how much higher could it have gone? I was always under the impression that a E4 (45/50) was definetly 40+/50 raw.

And a 33-35/50 aligned to 45/50 in for Ext 2... Wow``!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I bet they'll mark so much harder in the HSC though...

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
people don't get it. it depends on how your cohort does....that is what scaling is determined by mainly......how the rest of the state does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)