English Ext 1...to drop or not to drop? (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
I really shouldn't have chosen English Extention 1. I kind of chose it on impulse when the person in charge of subject choices told me that I should switch from Geography to Ext 1 because Ext 1 scales better and all that yada yada. Thing is, I was good at Geography and as I found out, pretty bad at Extention 1. The workload is very high (for a 1u subject), and I just generally find it very difficult to understand all the literary theory that I need to study for Ext 1.

Now i'm in term 2 of the HSC i'm really considering dropping the subject (going down to 11 units). I've decided that if I do poorly in the the first assessment task (which i'm kind of expecting to) which is due on Wednesday, I will drop the subject. Do you guys think this is a good idea or should I keep 12 units?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, drop it if its a burden.

But DON'T PURPOSELY do crap in that assessment due on Wednesday. Give it your best shot please.

EE1 would probably be less of a workload than MX1 imho. It's not bad.

If you do well in EE1, EE1 would be counted as part of your best 2 english units so only 1 advanced eng unit would count. It's a strategic benefit.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I found the workload of EE1 to be low-but no point having an 11th or 12th unit if it is not an even decent "backup"-you might as well drop it and expend that time and energy into more profitable subjects.

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
EE1, in terms of moderating and scaling is a great subject relative to the work. In term 4, year 11 and term 1, year 12, the workload is understandably higher but following that (as your essay needs to be on only 2 core texts) you could basically be done. Then you have a term before trials to just revise the essay and creative and relative to advanced or content subjects (Eco, Physics etc) there is not that much studying required close to trials/HSC, which is a huge bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)