english ext 1... critical, creative or both? (2 Viewers)

Iceyscreen

HSC
Wait guys I know I'm late but in an analytical do we have to talk about the literary devices in the extracts as well,
eg "Person used intertextuality in ... when posing the idea that humans can be multifaced"
Or is it more like a philosophical discussion where u don't talk about their language choices, more their ideas

I never got feedback on my analyticals ._.

rainbowspoon1

HSC
Wait guys I know I'm late but in an analytical do we have to talk about the literary devices in the extracts as well,
eg "Person used intertextuality in ... when posing the idea that humans can be multifaced"
Or is it more like a philosophical discussion where u don't talk about their language choices, more their ideas

you gotta have some level of discussion about techniques bc its how the composer chose to convey their perspective, but i think the focus is critical analysis of the meaning of the text in relation to the question, more so than like TEA in advanced . mention techniques tho !!!

unhealthyharold

HSC

U can defo use lit devices but make it more of a reflection on their purpose or smth like
Instead of Person used xyz to show abc
Do like ‘the intertextuality present throughout the text reflects authors (belief idk what other word ud use) and its ability to transcend temporal boundaries’
Dont word it that shit but just try to rly integrate rather than just explicitly tell them smth

unhealthyharold

HSC
U can defo use lit devices but make it more of a reflection on their purpose or smth like
Instead of Person used xyz to show abc
Do like ‘the intertextuality present throughout the text reflects authors (belief idk what other word ud use) and its ability to transcend temporal boundaries’
Dont word it that shit but just try to rly integrate rather than just explicitly tell them smth
Oh wow that is barely comprehensible can u tell i havetn slept

Iceyscreen

HSC
my teachers told me to analyse the extracts to support your philosophical discussion

so include literary devices
you gotta have some level of discussion about techniques bc its how the composer chose to convey their perspective, but i think the focus is critical analysis of the meaning of the text in relation to the question, more so than like TEA in advanced . mention techniques tho !!!
Thanks peeps, that makes sense I was stressing for a sec💜 GOOD LUCKKK

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Fine. 25 mark imaginative annoyed me because it's luck of the draw if your piece fits, but it was broad enough. Part 2 worlds of upheaval question was fine, although funny that they put such a massive stimulus. Also i didn't even know discursive was an option lol
i was hoping for the 25 mark imaginative so it was all goods

tangerines

HSC
I LOVED THIS PAPER SO MUCH !!!!! was incredibly relieved to have a 25 mark creative in section 1, and the section 2 question for literary mindscapes was so good. this is the longest essay ive written so far in my hsc— i think 8 pages? but the stimulus did throw me off a little bit in terms of whether or not i wanted to argue for or against the ideas. and i was happy enough with my creative piece since imaginative writing is my strength. i wrote a story about a girl who receives a letter from her future self warning her about a regret she will have if she doesnt follow the instructions in the letter. she didnt follow it and faced the question. next time she got sent a letter she listened. it was so fun to write

tangerines

HSC
*faced the consequences, not question lol. brain is fried

unhealthyharold

HSC
I LOVED THIS PAPER SO MUCH !!!!! was incredibly relieved to have a 25 mark creative in section 1, and the section 2 question for literary mindscapes was so good. this is the longest essay ive written so far in my hsc— i think 8 pages? but the stimulus did throw me off a little bit in terms of whether or not i wanted to argue for or against the ideas. and i was happy enough with my creative piece since imaginative writing is my strength. i wrote a story about a girl who receives a letter from her future self warning her about a regret she will have if she doesnt follow the instructions in the letter. she didnt follow it and faced the question. next time she got sent a letter she listened. it was so fun to write
YOU LIKED THE MINDSCAPES QUESTION!???

Iceyscreen

HSC
Definitely an interesting one, I wound up doing a discursive for section one (since when was that a thing lol-) but I think it would have been better to do an imaginative, looking back I sounded like a whiny child in that whole piece. The Literary mindscape stimulus was kinda weird but I actually liked it once I got into writing, just ignored some parts of the stimulus and talked about the cool bits :oldrolleyes: No idea how I went overall, hope it went well guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)