english ext. 1 assesment task (2 Viewers)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Our first assessment task is an oral presentation on two or more texts and the values, appropriation, intertextuality, context, culture associated with chosen texts

im thinking of using an extract from cacth-22, not sure what else to do.
i thought perhaps, fight club(movie/novel), the simpsons, rebecca(novel), virgins suicides (novel/movie).

thoughts?

Last edited:
HSC
if I were doing that assesment task I would select texts that all have common themes and context so then you can make easy parallels.

If your texts do that then it sounds good

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
yeah, a common theme would be a good idea.
i might decide on a main text, one that im interested in and base the other around it.
thanks!

tash1601

HSC
for our first ext assesment task we have to present a 7 minute speech on "the appropriations of utopia" and yeah we need a supplementary text aswell.

you're lucky you get to choose your topic/genre/main theme

rachsnax

HSC
ive got the same task coming up soon. its also a speech but only 5 minutes.. can anyone give me examples of intertextuality and appropriation? im not quite sure what they really refer to :confused:

... and how does "a cinderella story" (movie) sound for the appropriation of the original cinderella? any ideas for other concepts?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
ive got the same task coming up soon. its also a speech but only 5 minutes.. can anyone give me examples of intertextuality and appropriation? im not quite sure what they really refer to :confused:

... and how does "a cinderella story" (movie) sound for the appropriation of the original cinderella? any ideas for other concepts?
use the simpsons, south park or family guy. anything that uses satire uses appropriation (as a general rule)

N

NeoSanity

For us we have to write about change in Mao's Last Dancer and also change in Fight Club the movie.

Fight Club is the absolute best for this sort of assignment. Nails changing perspective 100%.

weeeeezie

HSC
i have to do that too, hence being in your class ash ;)

and i have no idea on my second text. :S
- aimz

Bek93

HSC
You guys are doing different then us.
I just finished my assignment today and it was a speech where we have to account for the ongoing appeal of Superheroes, involving context, ideologies, all that jazz.
Sounds quite different to yours ?
Ah well.

Snicho

HSC
We have a 5 minutes speech on Madness and how it is represented if different contexts

we have Jane Eyre as our presribed test, where we look at Bertha Mason
and then an ort of our choice, and i chose The Shining.

Good Luck with yours anyway

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
You guys are doing different then us.
I just finished my assignment today and it was a speech where we have to account for the ongoing appeal of Superheroes, involving context, ideologies, all that jazz.
Sounds quite different to yours ?
Ah well.

pretty similar, we studied context etc etc, we just chose our own texts.
the superheroes thing sounds really thought provoking though!

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
We have a 5 minutes speech on Madness and how it is represented if different contexts

we have Jane Eyre as our presribed test, where we look at Bertha Mason
and then an ort of our choice, and i chose The Shining.

Good Luck with yours anyway

i love the sound of that! excepting jane eyre, but the shining is a brilliant choice!
how did yours go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)