English Classes - Eep! (2 Viewers)

jellybelly59

HSC
Continuum said:
Haha, Economics takes too much time. :(

As for English, I reckon there's way too many threads about advice/suggestions/corrections for individual English work. Seriously, there are so many different modules that it's unlikely those of you making these threads will get people learning the same thing, let alone the same text with the same thesis and such. The advice people here could offer would be limited mainly to general tips, stuff that doesn't specifically apply to the text. In other words, what we can offer is not even close to being on par with what you already get from your teacher/class/cohort. Sure, one or two of them might get decent replies, but most of the time, they'll just end up creating dead threads.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
You're not alone buddy :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Continuum said:
Haha, Economics takes too much time. :(

As for English, I reckon there's way too many threads about advice/suggestions/corrections for individual English work. Seriously, there are so many different modules that it's unlikely those of you making these threads will get people learning the same thing, let alone the same text with the same thesis and such. The advice people here could offer would be limited mainly to general tips, stuff that doesn't specifically apply to the text. In other words, what we can offer is not even close to being on par with what you already get from your teacher/class/cohort. Sure, one or two of them might get decent replies, but most of the time, they'll just end up creating dead threads.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
I only posted my speech up because it was the holidays and the speech was due first day back the same may also be true for the other people that posted things up.

Last edited:

catherinet

HSC
My advanced English class consists of an amazingly intelligent teacher introducing complex ideas, terminology, concepts and most often, irrelevant information to us, while we write down every word that she says as though it was God speaking.

Extension 1 is interesting, fun and relaxed yet abundant with students who know everything about everything and for me, usually results in intense feelings of inadequacy.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Awesome teacher, awesome class for English.
Could not agree more. :)

Oh wait, let's get rid of the sentence "awesome class".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)