English Assignment (Frankenstein) !!! (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Hey...

We have an english advanced assignment that asks us to write a monologue based on the quotation: "Am I to be thought the only criminal, when all human kind has sinned against me?" This quotation is said by the monster.

Anyone with some ideas !?

Thanks !!!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well...if you plan on writing a soliquy(sort of like a monologue) of sorts, look at the structure employed in some of Shakespeare's plays such as King Lear. The quotation though, makes me think of an end or foreshadowed doom, as if this is the monster's last words. Perhaps a sorrowful and regretful monologue on "why", would be effective.

YBK

HSC
kami said:
Well...if you plan on writing a soliquy(sort of like a monologue) of sorts, look at the structure employed in some of Shakespeare's plays such as King Lear. The quotation though, makes me think of an end or foreshadowed doom, as if this is the monster's last words. Perhaps a sorrowful and regretful monologue on "why", would be effective.
Thanks!

The second part to the assigment is:

" Imagine that you are Mary Shelley. You are to deliver a monologue outlining how the novel Frankenstein was written to 'preserve the truth of the elementary principles of human nature' quote taken from Frankestein preface)"

What do you think about that one?

thnx :)

YBK

HSC
ahhhhh... this sux.... the assignment is a real pain in the ass...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
YBK said:
Thanks!

The second part to the assigment is:

" Imagine that you are Mary Shelley. You are to deliver a monologue outlining how the novel Frankenstein was written to 'preserve the truth of the elementary principles of human nature' quote taken from Frankestein preface)"

What do you think about that one?

thnx :)
Basically write from the author's perspective, and communicate what you think she meant on that issue.

behemuf

HSC
We are studying frankestein aswell

For the 2nd part of you assignment you have to takei into the consideration what context the novel was written in. Mary Shelly had a very troubled life and had experienced many deaths by the age of 20. Her mother died followed by 3 of her children so mary was a very emotional person. Her husband percy believed in free love so had many open affairs with many different women. Mary actually wrote the novel because of a man who her and percy had frequent orgies with put it to her as a challenge as she was interested in a man whom many belived brought the dead back to life. With this as the basis of the story and her emotional background mary wrote the novel frankenstein whilst she was slowly going mad. The way the novel preserves the truth of elementary human nature is shown in the character of the monster and his "at first look" simplisicity, but actual complexity which eventually leads to his death. If you then take the side that Dr Frankensteins curiosity of the living dead resembles the evedant curiosity in human nature, you can then say that shelleys curiosity lead her to write this novcel. which was the truth. Shelley was a very emotional person and it is evident in frankenstein. If you mention the context then it sort of explains itself. I hope this helps and isnt too confusing.

From Josh

felixcthecat

HSC
is frankenstein hard?? cuz i hav to do it next term in english!! ><''

YBK

HSC
Thanks everyone!

Assignment = finished !

w00t w00t w00t

Oh yeah... Frankenstein is quite easy, nowhere near as hard (or annoying) as shakespeare. I think it's a pretty interesting book!!! :D

aznxtc

HSC
lol yeh i gotta do frankenstein next term to >< hope it wont b too hard

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
which eng course r u doing frankenstein in ? im doing in eng ext 1

YBK

HSC
pzellanet said:
which eng course r u doing frankenstein in ? im doing in eng ext 1
we did frankenstein in advanced english...
oh yeah, and i only got a 15/20 for the 2nd part of the assignment... arggg.. we get the results to the first part in a couple of days.... *crosses fingures*

in extension 1 we're doing dark places by kate grenville...

pretty sick book... the dude rapes his daughter at the end...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)