English Assessment Help!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi ppl
here's my english assessment!! it says
present 3 representations which illustrate the foll transfromations:
1) transformation of character: show how and why either Emma/Cher has been transformed from the character she was at the beginning to the character she becomes at the end.

2) select any pair of characters ( apart from Emma/cher) and parallel the characters pointing out the changes that have occured because of context-time, place and changing attitudes.

3)show what criticisms of their society and its values Heckerling and austen present in their compositions eg: marriage, position of women/careers. are they same despite changing contexts or are they differnet?

representation can be a series and /or a combination of diagrams. graphs, illustrations , pictures , words , cartoons etc. it can also be a collage, a spidergram or a mind map.

someone pls help me out!!!! ideas welcome!!!!!
:confused:

Fi

hey there!!!!

Choose a theme for each poster. eg. Represent the change or difference metaphorically: a) a child growing in its mothers womb
b) colour--from pink to red, representing Chers or Emmas move from naivety to maturity.
c) Ice and water
d) from a broken glass cup to a.... glass cup:confused:

Remember U CAN use words, and u should to explain ur use of symbolism. Start looking for pics from mags and newspapers NOW! A good idea is to answer the question briefly using words, then start finding ways of representing it visually.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by Fi
hey there!!!!

Choose a theme for each poster. eg. Represent the change or difference metaphorically: a) a child growing in its mothers womb
b) colour--from pink to red, representing Chers or Emmas move from naivety to maturity.
c) Ice and water
d) from a broken glass cup to a.... glass cup:confused:

Remember U CAN use words, and u should to explain ur use of symbolism. Start looking for pics from mags and newspapers NOW! A good idea is to answer the question briefly using words, then start finding ways of representing it visually.

thanks heaps!!! but can u explain ice and water????:confused: i don't get it!!!
once again , thanx a lot!!!! i have some hope now!

Fi

Ice = cold, egotistical, stubborn, perfect......it begins to melt (process of change)...water = clarity ( as in her feelings), aware of surroundings, not so perfect.

Or you can make it as if she literally breaks out of the ice cube.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by Fi
Ice = cold, egotistical, stubborn, perfect......it begins to melt (process of change)...water = clarity ( as in her feelings), aware of surroundings, not so perfect.

Or you can make it as if she literally breaks out of the ice cube.
thanx !!! hey r u planning to come 2 skool ne time in term 2 ??
let me know so dat i can show u my poster!!!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
1) transformation of character: show how and why either Emma/Cher has been transformed from the character she was at the beginning to the character she becomes at the end.

You could have an eye that could only see a little bit (showing their self-centeredness) then an eye that can see more, or two eyes showing their perceptions have changed, now they can see more (they have matured and are more aware of others and less self-indulgent and self-centered)

2) select any pair of characters ( apart from Emma/cher) and parallel the characters pointing out the changes that have occured because of context-time, place and changing attitudes.

How about Frank Churchill/Christian? Going with the colour thing you can have the rainbow flag (gay symbol type thing) and then you can make each colour of the flag represent something. (No idea how it'll work.. but hey!)

3)show what criticisms of their society and its values Heckerling and austen present in their compositions eg: marriage, position of women/careers. are they same despite changing contexts or are they differnet?

Like Fi says, looking through mags and newspapers, look for pictures and also headlines or even part of headlines and you can use them as part of a collage. You could have half the collage showing vales and criticisms from Emma and half from Clueless or intertwine them somehow. So, for example, you could have "woman CEO" and "mother" on the side of Clueless and on Emma, have "housewife" and "mother".

I found the small Excel Emma/Clueless study guide is useful in understanding the contexts, changes, character's transformation etc.

Anyway, hope this hasn't just confused you more, but maybe it's made you realise you had some pretty good ideas anyway :p

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)