ENGLISH- AhgthgetDJJASKLFJQWHOIJUE~!@#@!@!^% (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
Hello hello!

so... I have a critical essay on animal farm test on wednesday, I have my draft ready to be memorised, but I feel uhhhhh... I HAVE 1000 WORDS and I only have 4 quotes and 2 paragraphs ๐Ÿ˜ญ Do I seriously need to write 1500words for this assessmnet, given my teacher says that she's expecting 9quotes?? I don't think I can manage this at all ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก

Would I likely recieve a bad mark if I just went with what I've got?

Thanks every1!!

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hello hello!

so... I have a critical essay on animal farm test on wednesday, I have my draft ready to be memorised, but I feel uhhhhh... I HAVE 1000 WORDS and I only have 4 quotes and 2 paragraphs ๐Ÿ˜ญ Do I seriously need to write 1500words for this assessmnet? Like- I don't think I can manage this at all ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ก

Would I likely recieve a bad mark if I just went with what I've got?

Thanks every1!!
your essay's a bit unbalanced, you need to cut down on fluff and restructure your essay so that you have 3 paragraphs each with 3 quotes. if you're writing this under exam conditions, you're expected to write 1000-1200 words (~1000 should be achievable though), i don't think 1500 words is feasible in like 40 min oops. realistically, if you went in with 2 paras and 4 quotes, you def won't get the top mark because you only have 4 quotes and 2 paragraphs and that indicates an incomplete essay to me even if you do have a conclusion. the fact that your essay is already 1000 words already indicates to me that you have a ton of fluff and stuff that probably gets lost in trying to articulate an argument that goes nowhere, you need to cut down on that.

all in all, you're still in y10, so it doesn't matter if the mark overall isn't brilliant, if you end up deciding to wing it and just go with what you have, but if you're aiming for a higher mark for any reason i'd definitely start with restructuring your essay. if it gets too overwhelming, i'd say just memorise quotes and basic ideas. after all, it's year 10. personally, i didn't start memorising essays until y12; you can go easy on yourself now that you're still in y10

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
your essay's a bit unbalanced, you need to cut down on fluff and restructure your essay so that you have 3 paragraphs each with 3 quotes. if you're writing this under exam conditions, you're expected to write 1000-1200 words (~1000 should be achievable though), i don't think 1500 words is feasible in like 40 min oops. realistically, if you went in with 2 paras and 4 quotes, you def won't get the top mark because you only have 4 quotes and 2 paragraphs and that indicates an incomplete essay to me even if you do have a conclusion. the fact that your essay is already 1000 words already indicates to me that you have a ton of fluff and stuff that probably gets lost in trying to articulate an argument that goes nowhere, you need to cut down on that.

all in all, you're still in y10, so it doesn't matter if the mark overall isn't brilliant, if you end up deciding to wing it and just go with what you have, but if you're aiming for a higher mark for any reason i'd definitely start with restructuring your essay. if it gets too overwhelming, i'd say just memorise quotes and basic ideas. after all, it's year 10. personally, i didn't start memorising essays until y12; you can go easy on yourself now that you're still in y10
jeez u wrote that in like 2 mins lol

Thanks so much dude, I appreciate the comprehensive response!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)