English Advanced (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hey guys, did you receive your stimulus booklets for the AOS today? My school did, but we're doing a totally different order to most schools so I was just wondering...(we're doing Module C, then AOS, then Module A, then Module B--don't ask me why we're doing it in that order). And since I'm on the topic, in what order is your school following?

Ok, back to topic. What do you think of the texts in the booklet? And do you know if it is the same as previous years, similar, or totally different? And just for a bit of randomness, they smell weird! :s Sort of like paint or something...hmmm....and last of all, what type of journey are you studying? We're doing inner, that'll be challenging but oh well...*shrugs shoulders*

Now I just have to keep it somewhere safe where I'll actually remember to take it out in a year's time (actually, a bit less)...

HSC
they're the same as the ones used this year

tip - don't use road not taken, it's widely known as 'the vege text'

i recommend journey to the interior for inner
journey to the interior or wind in the willows for imaginative

HSC
well the ones i mentioned are the only ones i really ever studied in any depth

journeys over land and sea should be ok though, also if you're good at analysing visual techniques the ivory trail is another one

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, we're doing inner journeys aswell...god I hate English...sorry if my teacher see's this.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
girlanachronism said:
well the ones i mentioned are the only ones i really ever studied in any depth

journeys over land and sea should be ok though, also if you're good at analysing visual techniques the ivory trail is another one
yeah i might do ivory trail. The 'road not taken' is way 2 common.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
It's not so bad!! Our school is doing imaginative journeys

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we are doing modules in order. ( i think, well we are doing aos study 1st)
since we are doing aos 1st we got our stimulus books 1st day of term .. we are still working through the stim book though ...

... we are doing imaginataive journeys too

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
English is not bad if you change your mentality such that you don't think of it as a bore or as compulsory. You can do really well, even if the examiner is biased, and even if you "lack ability".

For example, my examiner disagrees with the feminist reading of Journey to the Interior, so I will omit that reading when I mention context of production.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
but for the hsc you do not know which marker you will have and hence cannot adjust your response to apporiate the marker

astro

HSC
we received our stimulus booklets on the first lesson of yr 12 english and we've finished our area of study...we start hamlet on monday

Jaydels

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yeah, we're doing inner journeys aswell...god I hate English...sorry if my teacher see's this.
I think almost everyone hates English, it is such a pointless subject. It's not fair, the only subject that will definitely count towards my UAI is the one I suck badly at.

Anyways, our school got the stimulus booklets at the end of last term, but we only started looking at it on like Monday or Tuesday..........

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
this really bites! i still haven't got my stimulus book yet. its been over a month since we've begun year 12, and still know sign of our stimulus books?! this really sux?! and we got a journeys assesment speech in less than two weeks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)