English (Advanced) Trial Results (1 Viewer)

zhongie

HSC
Thanks, Chickenntaters.

Things can only get better, right?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
i'd need 87/105.. for a 90% school assesment.. gonna find out tomorrow..

argh. i might not get it!! :angry:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
like wtf so many ppl high marks?....

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I just need to polish up my act in Area of Study and I should be set. Poor time management, and not enough practice with unseen texts and creative writing:

Unseen: 10/15
Creative Writing: 12/15
AOS Essay: 15/15
BR/BNW: 20/20
King Lear: 18/20

Thats 88% Pretty happy with that.

mishka

HSC
N/A
^what about module C??? anyway, i've only got three lots of marks so far...
Unseen: 14/15
King Lear: 17/20
Happy so far, but marks are higher than what was expected!!! :) (we'll see about the rest!!)

Hoplite

HSC
I think with the critical response in AOS all you have to do is have notes analysing all your texts...make sure they're good...and then work on ways to link them - either in theme or technique.

The question's always something generic and it's always something to do with either the beginning of a journey, the process of a journey, or the end of the journey (its result). Come up with a couple of themes for each (eg self-awareness for ending) and you're set.

King Lear's even easier. Whatever you do, don't forget that the text your studying is King Lear...not some BBC production or any other production. Find a few central themes and interpretations, then find productions that relate to and support them...but while doing that analyse the actual text King Lear and write about techniques Shakespeare himself used. I honestly think that's where the edge is on Lear.

And well done to everyone, especially Zhongie!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
mishka said:
^what about module C???
We started it after the trials. But we did have an assessment on it, which i got back today, 17/20.. pretty happy. We're doing History and Memory, The Fiftieth Gate

maddison10

HSC
N/A
hmm just wondering i got lke 61% that was a little below average in my school (north sydney boys) wondering if any1 would put there essays on here?
i feel like 61% is pretty bad and not sure if im crap or our teachers are just trying to scare us

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
umm, im no good at maths, so some1 else plz check my addition?!? :)
14/15
13/15
15/15
19/20
18/20
16/20 (ack, stupid frontline - hate this module...maybe if id studied it it might have helped...meh, parobably not!)
i think thats 95/105? which is crap! stupid school!
how come my mks keep going down progressively since yr 11? WHYYYYYYYY?

sneeble

I got 93/105, which is alright :\

I botched the AOS paper badly... Mind you, with an assessment for 3unit english due the same day and the chemistry exam immediately after, it was pretty hard to be well rested and prepared =\

mishka

HSC
N/A
mishka said:
^what about module C??? anyway, i've only got three lots of marks so far...
Unseen: 14/15
King Lear: 17/20
Happy so far, but marks are higher than what was expected!!! :) (we'll see about the rest!!)
adding some more marks as they dribble in:
AOS Creative Writing: 15/15
Frontline: 19/20

so, so far i've got 80/85!!!! gotta be happy with that!!! :)

p.s: i hope it doesn't seem conceited that i quoted myself - i just did it so ppl wouldn't get confuzzled...

i got module a bnw/br back today (friday) and i got 19/20

so that means i got 99/105 all up!!! this means i definitely have number one ranking in my school, with all the other assessments!!! YAY!!! :)

Last edited:

LVB

I'm an ext 2 english student and the lowest point of my trials (including my 34% maths result!!!) was wen i only got 60% in my Advanced Exam...

I know its my own fault but I like 2 live in my wonderland and blame the teachers...yes its all their fault!!!

altho i now know i have to work on my essay technique

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
meh, dont sweat - ull do fine. remember, ext 2 and ext 1 eng test completely different skills to adv eng course.

we got our trial ranks back 2day. i got 3rd! THIRD! m so happy, thought i did heaps worse than that - actually, did do heaps worse than usual, but everyone else must have 2 so it doesnt matter!!! of course, learning my shocking math ranks put a bit of a dampener on my general happiness...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)