English Advanced Mod A/C (1 Viewer)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Hello! I'm currently doing The Stranger/Meursault Investigation for textual conversations Module A. If anyone is doing the same texts/already did the text, could you send me some resources like sample or exemplar essays you've written? I can send you mine in case you feel like its one-sided, I just need some comparison since I'm not sure if mine is good.
As for module C, does anyone have any tips on how to get started, and what types of creatives markers are trying to look for? (Side note, our tested MOD C will not have a reflection, just a 20 marker creative/discursive) Of course sample creatives/discursive will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be a good idea to emphasise learning achieved from your prescribed texts in Module C, that is, be inspired by the approaches that the authors of those texts take to optimising their written expression, as well as prominent techniques within their texts that you could perhaps comfortably incorporate into your own written pieces. You can subsequently extend this learning by reading texts beyond those prescribed, whether it be other prescribed texts or texts that you have a personal interest in treating as a source of learning. Doing so will assist you in developing your ability to incorporate a more diverse range of techniques, depending on the type of response that you are required to write (in your case, a creative piece).

Beyond this point, you should aim to apply your learning to determine whether you can produce high-quality pieces that demonstrate effective use of relevant techniques and display a favourable level of written expression overall. At this stage, you can do so by attempting a number of Module C questions from past trial exam papers. Given that you will be required to write a creative piece in response to the Module C question that you will be assessed on, you can focus your efforts on completing practice questions that also require a response in the form of a creative piece. You could then seek feedback from your teacher and implement any suggestions that they might offer. The more you do this, the higher the quality of your writing is likely to get.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)