ENGLISH ADV - PAPER TWO (1 Viewer)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
preparing for inevitable mod c question about importance of books and words lol
that would be good my creative is pretty much just about that lmao

although my discursive plan is about capitalism so idk if I should make a general one or just bs the discursive tomorrow if they have the nerve to specify it

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
ok im dishing out my (probably wrong) paper 2 predictions here now my imaginative is memorised and i'm taking a quick study break (warning this is for funsies i'm definitely preparing for other alternatives):
  • no extract for module a, probably one that specifically focuses on the themes of each text
  • extract for module b, though it'll just be a regular q that asks to make reference to the extracts rather than some horrid one like the 2020 hsc
  • forced discursive (of a 10/10 or 12/8 kinda structure) OR choice but i'm leaning toward the former

Ar0n

HSC
im so scared mod c is gonna be "write from a perspective of someone in ur prexcribed text" coz theyve never asked it before
yeah but there is many practice trials I have seen with that type of question. Plus there is a sample mod C that did this, at least for advanced. Let it be known I would be stuffed aswell if they did this :)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
im so scared mod c is gonna be "write from a perspective of someone in ur prexcribed text" coz theyve never asked it before
can't wait to write fanfiction about keats and fanny even though the bright star movie that keats' poetry converses with is literally fanfiction already and i am not a fan 😍

band6yesplease

HSC
That would kinda be cool tho like you have so much creative freedom. It's scary but also like pick any single character and start writing and you've already got yourself a couple of marks

Ar0n

HSC
For anyone doing Eliot for mod B and those who do two paragraphs and only do two poems, how many quotes do you have per paragraph?

sb42

HSC
predictions for eliot questions? themes, poems specified, extract?

band6yesplease

HSC
Say for Mod C they ask you to use a specific person from a text you've studied one of your modules, do you think you have to prove that you actually studied that text? Like will they check that?
Cause in my EE2 MW I have a whole thing on Mrs Dalloway but we studied Richard III but bc i know enough about Mrs Dalloway do you think i could use clarissa??
I have enoguh to put in my refelction if they ask but im worried they'll know what texts ive done haha

Ar0n

HSC
Say for Mod C they ask you to use a specific person from a text you've studied one of your modules, do you think you have to prove that you actually studied that text? Like will they check that?
Cause in my EE2 MW I have a whole thing on Mrs Dalloway but we studied Richard III but bc i know enough about Mrs Dalloway do you think i could use clarissa??
I have enoguh to put in my refelction if they ask but im worried they'll know what texts ive done haha
I mean they wont check, they have thousands of responses to get through I don't think they would actually go and check every response to make sure you have done the text plus every school does different texts so it would be way to much of an effort

unhealthyharold

HSC
i may be stupid. but what prescribed text cld they refer to for mod c? like does prescribed = from mod a/b, or does it mean one if the texts suggested for study in mod c? like thirteen ways of looking, whitlam's eulogy etc

qldbulls

HSC
i may be stupid. but what prescribed text cld they refer to for mod c? like does prescribed = from mod a/b, or does it mean one if the texts suggested for study in mod c? like thirteen ways of looking, whitlam's eulogy etc
It's 1 or 2 (or more or none) from your module C texts (i.e whitlam, politics & english) then they can place as an option anything else in your english i think

band6yesplease

HSC
they can say anything- they can say use a prescribed text from ANY module which obviously is com, a, b and c or they can say c it's really whatever they decide to do.
I'd have a character ready for every mod jsut incase

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)