Engineering what???! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
If there is ONE regrette in my WHOLE school life it has to be CHOOSING Engineering Studies as one of my 12 units!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

My teacher doesn't give appropriate assessment tasks for us to do, not giving us the weighting of each tasks/exams.

The assessment task we have to do is not even type up listing the criteria and outcomes, just a few words like polymer, asphallt. What the hell am i suppose to do?? It is so irrlevant! It's like writing definitions in every term in the text book.
:chainsaw: i am SOOOO SICK and i cannot express my anger in words!!!:mad: :argue:
You people are lucky with such nice teachers, so treasure it!:mad1:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i hope i can help you out in some way....i myself go to sydney high where we have relatively good teachers...so I'd be willing to share ideas/notes...whatever...also U'll find that engineering studies is a subject which does not require much help from ateacher so if u stucj to a regimen of self study and solid revsion then I think you'll find that engineering studies can be an easy, and enjoyable experience....

also a point abnt rememebr ing definitions....dont try and remember them straight off because ull become confused,,,,but rather try and think of definitions in terms of how they relalte to the field of engineering

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks for your advice but it really didn't alleviate my anger with my teacher. If you met him, you know what i'm going through. I have been thinking about dropping this subject for so long. But I can't.

But I do like the notes you had because i am struggling in class, in fact the whole class is struggling. i can promise you that NO ONE in the class is going to get over 80%.

Please share your notes with me as I am having great difficulties with Mechanics.

Thank you so much

:(

inasero

Reborn
HSC
you'll find that there r heaps of ppl here who are willing to share their knowledge with you...especially someone in youe position

so thereofre, ask away...any specific questions and ill try my best to help you out~

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Hey ppl,
Yeah well i spose im in a similar situation ...i spose (meanwhile thinking no not really). We had a really experienced teacher with over 20 years experience in the subject for the prelim yr...but he had 2 go nd retire 4 our HSC year. DAN U FLASH GORDON!
Anywayz, i was wondering inasero, having truble wif moments problems (that is moments of force etc). Do u have any notes or advice which could help me....so i can fix this problem area. Apart from that im goin pretty well!
:rolleyes:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah sure....when doing moment questions ALWAYS remeber the golden rule...

the SUM of the MOMENTS in the CLOCKWISE direction
= the SUM of the MOMENTS in the ANTI-CLOCKWISE direction...

im not sure what aspect of this would be too hard...as ivre mentioned before if ppl want help what i recommend they do is to go through examples in that particular area and if stuck then ask me (eg you might wanna go through Engineering Mechanics by Schlenker/McKern, or the green book by Ray Holden, which I highly recommend

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Oh My God, that OLD, HARD, Ugly, HEAVY book???

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
"That book is a v. good resource ..." - McLake

I rather die then.:axedeath:
:spam:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
dont let the fact that the book is very ols, and not in colour turn you off...have a serious look at it and try and understand the concepts involved

Pirri

This is a joke i would of loved to do engineering studies i love it i want to be a civil engineer next year at uni you guys are lucky your school offered such a course

blue_chameleon

HSC
hey pri what skool do u go to? Y the doesnt ur skool offer it. I luv it 2......mmmmm truss analysis is gooooood! :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
shut the hell up Pirri!
i am still pissed off with my engineering teacher and the upcoming trial...
and HOW DARE you.......grrrrrr......I WILL CURSE YOU TO END UP WITH THE CRAPPEST TEACHER ON EARTH!!

blue_chameleon

HSC
survivor u dont need a teacher 2 do engineering studies....lol dumbass :p
Our teacher is pretty good(sorry bout that) but we dont really take notice of him

blah555

our teacher is shit too. he has no idea and wastes a million lessons telling us about method od sections and most of the time he has no idea what he's talking bout! Our school isn't offering eng. st. to the grades below us cause they've realised they have no idea what they're doing! They're screwing us over big time!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
shut up blue_chameleon, i don't need YOU to rub it in!

If you think you don't need a teacher in engineering studies THAN PROVE ME WRONG!! and get a BAND 6 in the HSC! :chainsaw:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Ok band 6 it is. il scan u a copy of my results. lol :p
Btw....wot am i proving wrong by achieving this? How much time do u put into engineering studies at home?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
guys stop bitch fighting!! this is supposed to be a happy family :)
hey survivor have you heard of a book called 'engineering studies'...the definitive guide by paul copeland...because I think that in the position you are in at the momnet, it would be your best chance to do at least half well in your HSC...and like blue chameleon said, if you're dedicated enough then you should easily be able to teach yourself the engineering course (goes for anything really)...compared to other subjects I would say it has the lowest effort to result ratio...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
Ok band 6 it is. il scan u a copy of my results. lol :p
Btw....wot am i proving wrong by achieving this? How much time do u put into engineering studies at home?
you are trying to prove that you can get a Band 6 without a teacher
Ok then you smart ass. I'LL BE WAITING TO SEE YOUR RESULT!

Originally posted by inasero
guys stop bitch fighting!! this is supposed to be a happy family :)
hey survivor have you heard of a book called 'engineering studies'...the definitive guide by paul copeland...because I think that in the position you are in at the momnet, it would be your best chance to do at least half well in your HSC...
Yes, i am using this book. But when you actually look at the past HSC papers, the questions ask you in a way that requires you to manipulate the raw information in the book to suit the answer. you know what i mean? For example, the book doesn't have a heading saying:
Evaluate the potential impact of an airport on the society and the environment. the book doesn't provide you with that sort of information to answer the questions.
we were never taught anything like this in class....just reading the text book, EVERY DAY! I am going to die soon in class. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)