• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Engineering vs High School (1 Viewer)

Deadlytivo

HSC
How does high school compare to Engineering to all you Engineering students?

Some things to consider - course load, material complexity and environment.

Before anyone feels compelled to mention that it's subjective, I will save you the trouble. I know that not everyone took the same courses in high school and that the Engineering branches vary

Thanks

Deadlytivo

HSC
Thank you for your useless comment :)

Ofcourse it is more complex, but I am wondering how big a leap it was for alot of people.

HSC
if u can't even work out whcih section to post it under

its probs out of your range

try

hungry jacks

kfnmpah

HSC
i know a couple of people who literally took speed for 4 years to get through their undergrad engineering degree

quit as soon as they graduated

but

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
i know a couple of people who literally took speed for 4 years to get through their undergrad engineering degree

quit as soon as they graduated

but
story of mai lyf

im not doing engineering though

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Moved to the Engineering section.

What major of engineering were you thinking and how good are you with maths? I'm in my second year of B Eng/B Bus and it's gone well so far but i'm pretty sure if I were doing Electrical rather than Software it would be a different story.

vtx

HSC
N/A
Do some research mate, don't rely on what others say.
Have a look at this site: http://handbook.curtin.edu.au/courses/31/313585.html it shows you the course structure.
Go to torrent sites and download engineering textbooks just to see what you will be actually studying.
You have to be very good at maths, if you have done extension 2 and you are very good at it then you will do fine in the first year (this depends on type of engineering though, chem doesn't require that much maths) but it will get much harder later.
Mainly you need to be very good at calculus and algebra.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It really depends on the person, their abilities and the effort they put in.

I've completed both the high school engineering studies course (although it may have been different when I done it) and completed an undergraduate engineering degree.

University workload is far more intense. Engineering studies has a little bit of relevant material depending what discipline you go into.

If you are in it for the money or the prestige, then don't bother as most people who do engineering for those reasons drop out.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It really depends on the person, their abilities and the effort they put in.
If you are in it for the money or the prestige, then don't bother as most people who do engineering for those reasons drop out.
That's true but there is a general correlation for most people, the latter is true for all courses.

For me, honestly, I found HSC physics a piece of cake but I am struggling with first year advanced physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)