Engineering studies (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

Are there anyone here who has done engineering studies in the last few years for their HSC?
If so mind you share your raw mark in exam and HSC mark if known. If not could you please share your school ranking for engineering and mark you got in HSC.
I just want to know where about I have to be / how well the subject scales.

Cheers

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Hey guys,

Are there anyone here who has done engineering studies in the last few years for their HSC?
If so mind you share your raw mark in exam and HSC mark if known. If not could you please share your school ranking for engineering and mark you got in HSC.
I just want to know where about I have to be / how well the subject scales.

Cheers
what you're talking about is alignment. it aligns quite well from what I've seen in the past, like mid 70s raw goes into the 90s. I am unsure of my raw mark but I was 2nd at rank 33 school and got 93 HSC mark.

as far as knowing where you have to be, honestly it's very difficult to know with a subject like this especially with the new syllabus. your school assessments don't have a great amount of bearing on the marking of the actual final exam, and honestly, i think this is the hardest subject to study for. you should be doing a lot of extra-curricular reading on things mentioned in the syllabus. i crammed the whole thing in 2 days (about 7 hours a day) in quite a bit of depth with a group of friends, and after sitting the exam i realised that it helped me with about 20% the rest was just general knowledge from my own interests and things i'd read along with intuition when it comes to mechanics questions.

for other subjects it's very possible to aim for a target, but i honestly think that for this you should just try as hard as you can because it's very difficult to predict how hard the exam is going sodomise you

HSC
what you're talking about is alignment. it aligns quite well from what I've seen in the past, like mid 70s raw goes into the 90s. I am unsure of my raw mark but I was 2nd at rank 33 school and got 93 HSC mark.

as far as knowing where you have to be, honestly it's very difficult to know with a subject like this especially with the new syllabus. your school assessments don't have a great amount of bearing on the marking of the actual final exam, and honestly, i think this is the hardest subject to study for. you should be doing a lot of extra-curricular reading on things mentioned in the syllabus. i crammed the whole thing in 2 days (about 7 hours a day) in quite a bit of depth with a group of friends, and after sitting the exam i realised that it helped me with about 20% the rest was just general knowledge from my own interests and things i'd read along with intuition when it comes to mechanics questions.

for other subjects it's very possible to aim for a target, but i honestly think that for this you should just try as hard as you can because it's very difficult to predict how hard the exam is going sodomise you
Thanks for the information! :)
I had looked at a few past HSC papers for engineering and knew barely anything about it, seeing it is already term 2 for year 12 students I'm kinda getting worried. My current rank is 1/16 but like I don't know where I can get good sources of information/reliable information. Any suggestions for a textbook I could find in my local bookstores? Because the one we use at school is about 40 years old so it's near to no use in historical developments when something such as a disc brake would never have existed back then

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Thanks for the information! :)
I had looked at a few past HSC papers for engineering and knew barely anything about it, seeing it is already term 2 for year 12 students I'm kinda getting worried. My current rank is 1/16 but like I don't know where I can get good sources of information/reliable information. Any suggestions for a textbook I could find in my local bookstores? Because the one we use at school is about 40 years old so it's near to no use in historical developments when something such as a disc brake would never have existed back then
Well the syllabus changed for 2013 so there isnt a lot in the way of resources, but there is an Excel Engineering Studiea textbook thats actually quite decent, made for the new syllabus!
I knoe how you feel though, we were given Schlenker [emoji14]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)