• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Engineering/commerce @ Syd Uni, whos there? (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
I got 97.10 in UAI and hopefully will be doin Engineering/commerce @ Syd uni but I havnt chosen what majors I wanna do yet... I am considering civil but i dont know bout the commerce majors, when do we have to choose? enrolment day?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
in first yr of any degree, u will do some thing general... for eng/comm, i think the suggested course structure is full on eng and 1 comm subject per semeter in the first yr...

in the engineer area, i think u have to take: professional engineering, software, maths, and one elective... (not entirely sure... will confirm by wed... cuz a fwnd's doin eng /comm, will ask her on wed)...

for commerce faculty, there are 6 compulsory 1st yr subjects, 2 electives... 6 compulsory:
2 accounting, 2 economics, econometrics, infs (information system)

for a double degree, recommended structure u will choose 2 among the 6 in the first yr and by the end of 3rd yr, u would have completed all 6...

taht bein said, u can always form ur own course of study... u NEED to choose 1 subject per degree u are doin per semester minimum... and the rest u can jsut mix and match...

fush

HSC
mm..thanx, sounds a bit complicated....
they do tell us what we have to do dont they?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeh, durin enrolment, u get like a run down of wut u should choose etc...

i mean if worst come to worst, u can still change ur uos in the first wk of the semetser...

aditya

HSC
so u can follow a certian thing for the engineering right? like i was hoping to do
software engineering and finance

HSC
combined student don't have to do professional engineering.....

http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/6cp/AMME_6cp_2005.html#bio

it says that the subjects with an S next to them dont need to be completed by cobined students in order to fit in the second degree

now that i look at it again that is only for biomedical engineering which is what i am doing.....oops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)