Engineering/Commerce Combined Degree (1 Viewer)

snoopwogg

HSC
It says in the UAC book that "Students entering the combined degrees in all streams apart from Electrical, Software, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering streams will be able to complete the flexible first year program with electives in their second degree."

What does this mean? If i wanted to do telecommunications in Engineering/ Commerce, does it mean that i cant do commerce the first year or something? Is there somewhere i can find more information about this course?

Thanks.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im not 100% sure but I think flexible program means that you are unsure which stream of engineering you want to study and hence do subjects in first year that are common amongst all stream in the first year and hence do not have to decide until second year. You can do this for all stream other than the ones mentioned because they require students to do certain core subjects in the first year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There is now a flexible stream for the electrical type engineerings, which means that if you do that then at the end of 1st year you have a choice between software, electrical, telecomm etc but not civil, mech, aero, chemical etc

stag_j

if you want to do telecommunications then why not just enroll in the BE(telecom)/BCom? the flexible first year is only meant for people who don't know yet what they want to do

snoopwogg

HSC
Is there such a course in USYD? I dont think i've seen it... But thats just it, what if telecommunications doesnt turn out to be what i pictured...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)